Selecting appropriate settings.

Duckmanfoo

My measured uploads speeds average .73Mb/s

That sits in between the 640kb and 768kb settings on the setup guide.

Which of the two settings do I work with?

From another post by the main Moderator, there was a chart he crafted. Would I just fill my own values in to the 700kb that he figured out?

Thanks again!

D

Bandwidth is great now. Got a download mid afternoon of 1.5Mb/s. Awesome.

I was getting a little issue with surfing the web when downloading up at that speed.

Port is opened but I don't know what more to do to get better surf performance.

Now that I got my download performance up to snuff, where is my next work to get my surfing tweaked out???

Thanks in advance,

Dg

Win 7 64bit

Open a cmd prompt and type in (while uTorrent is disrupting internet)

nslookup google.com

If it fails (timeout), what is listed beside default server?

if it's a local address then your router is backing up on DNS requests.

You can workaround this by manually setting a DNS server for that network connection in windows.

Those are basically the same symptoms that I was having, and it turned out to be the router/modem trying to router all DNS lookup's through itself first, which is really slow to begin with but it also has a limit on how many it can try at a time. (if traffic is busy)

I use 4.2.2.4 and 4.2.2.6, but you may find others are faster. (or even just your ISP's)

Open a cmd prompt and type in (while uTorrent is disrupting internet)

nslookup google.com

If it fails (timeout), what is listed beside default server?

if it's a local address then your router is backing up on DNS requests.

You can workaround this by manually setting a DNS server for that network connection in windows.

Those are basically the same symptoms that I was having, and it turned out to be the router/modem trying to router all DNS lookup's through itself first, which is really slow to begin with but it also has a limit on how many it can try at a time. (if traffic is busy)

I use 4.2.2.4 and 4.2.2.6, but you may find others are faster. (or even just your ISP's)

Here is the pic of what I got. I followed your instructions. I got 1 time out, second from the bottom.

Thanks,

kkkkkn.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yes, your modem is affecting DNS traffic. (notice the server address 192.168.2.1)

If you open the properties for whatever connection you're using (wireless or wired).

To do this open network and sharing center

On the right side there is a section that says access type internet and underneath lists a connection.

Click on that. Then properties in the next window.

Select IPv4 and hit properties.

manually specify DNS server. (I use 4.2.2.4 and 4.2.2.6, but you can find your own if you want)

do the same for IPv6 if you use it. Save and close. Do the nslookup check again and see if any fail. They should be much faster this time. And hopefully it deals with your internet connectivity problem.

Ok! This is all foreign and unchartered territory for me so I have done exactly as you stated above.

I managed to switch IPv4 to the 4.2.2.4 and 4.2.2.6 that you recommended. However, I was unable to do the same for IPv6 as it would not accept anything I put in there.

Should I disable v6 then?

Thanks in advance for you help paintball9! =)

dddddddddddddd.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived