Torrent already in the list of torrents??

Snuffy

There was a torrent on my list that I deleted both the torrent + Data. Upon trying to download the torrent again later,I get the message: "The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?" No, the torrent is not in the list of torrents. It is not showing in the program itself, and I have checked both the folders where data and torrents are saved to ensure the files are not there. I have rebooted, rechecked, and the problem still exists. I have uTorrent 2.2 on W7 64bit

If someone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Snuffy

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to redo this, because a lot of Google results lead to dead topics. :|

I'm running µTorrent 3.1 (build 26591).

I deleted the torrent with "Remove And > Delete .torrent + Data".

There is no trace of it left anywhere (no data in 'F:\P2P\New' and 'F:\P2P\Done' and no .torrent in 'F:\P2P\Torrents').

When I download the torrent again and start it, it tells me it's already in list. :/ I'm sorting by name in the root "Torrents (186)". It is not there...

All I see in the logger tab is

Accepted launch|Type: auto Location: C:\Temp\SmallFile.torrent

I hope I can get some new info on this. :cool:

• 1 month later...

ran into this today as well. not exactly sure what is going on. deleted torrent + data, torrent list shows 4 torrents but only 3 show up in the window. none of the data for the deleted torrent is anywhere to be found in any of my directories. i'm sure it's a simple fix but i can't find it. sorry for the fail.

EKGhh.jpg

I've also encoutered this problem before.

When I was downloading a file (incomplete) I accidentally deleted the .torrent from the explorer.

And uTorrent is still downloading & uploading.

After that I restarted uTorrent and it didn't showed the torrent anymore.

I've checked the sidebar (F7), I've checked "ALL" the categories one by one.

But torrent was not showing up, again uTorrent is still downloading & uploading.

Then I checked the Logger and this is what I saw..

"Error: <NULL> - Can't open .torrent file: C:\samplefile.torrent"

(NOTE: Not the actual filename)

What I did was, I downloaded the same .torrent file in the exact same folder with the exact same filename in the error log, which is "C:\samplefile.torrent".

I restarted uTorrent, after that the torrent showed up but with an error

"Error: samplefile - Invalid download state, try resuming"

And so I restarted it then the file was back to normal.

I just hope this helps.

Is that supposed to be an answer?

Nice

What I did was, I downloaded the same .torrent file in the exact same folder with the exact same filename in the error log, which is "C:\samplefile.torrent".

"Error: samplefile - Invalid download state, try resuming"

Yes! Thank you encapsulate for being the only person on this planet who can solve this problem. I have this problem with like 6 of my torrents, and I've been Googling for days now with no answers, other than the ridiculous "Press F7" response like above. Nice work!

For anyone with this issue, the above will fix the issue.

What I did was' date=' I downloaded the same .torrent file in the exact same folder with the exact same filename in the error log, which is "C:\samplefile.torrent".

"Error: samplefile - Invalid download state, try resuming"[/quote']

For anyone with this issue, the above will fix the issue.

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. installation of uTorrent shows 7 phantom torrents. It believes they are loaded, and I cannot reload them, as you were able to do, but they are inactive and not shown in the torrent list and I cannot figure out how to remove them or restart them. The sidebar shows they are present, completed, inactive and without labels.

The only way I managed to delete them was to uninstall uTorrent and reinstall it. Hardly a solution. I couldn't find anything relevant in the registry,

This happened while I was debugging something under VS2010 while downloading torrents, an unrelated program that, incidentally, made no use of sockets. It only happened when I was running the debugger, and it happened twice, though not a third time, so I can't reliably reproduce it.

Resetting the list view columns didn't fix it. It seems to not be a mere display issue.

Win 7, 64 bit.

uTorrent 3.1, build 26650 (32 bit)

Intel i7 930, 12 GB RAM

net.max_halfopen 100

TCPIP.sys half-open Half-open_limit_fix__4.2.exe claims my OS hasn't limited it, so, presumedly, it'll be the default.

Will a HijackThis log help?

Continuing from my previous post, just above:

I installed the 64 bit version, 3.0, build 25570, and behold!, it showed the phantom torrents and let me delete them from the ListView. Indeed, the 32 bit version had retained them as if they were present and active, even though I had deleted all traces of the torrents and their associated downloads from the disk. The logger showed a bunch of attempted connections for those torrents and a corresponding number of disconnects (I'd overlooked checking that on the 32 bit version's logger, however.)

I will keep the 32 bit version for a while if someone wants to get information from (or with) me, to try to fix this bug. I'll work with you if you want to try to reproduce it.

Thanks, and thanks for porting uTorrent to 64 bit. I recently had a relatively simple program to port, which nevertheless had in it lots of character and numeric manipulations via pointers and pointers passed by reference and lots of pointer arithmetic. It didn't seem like it was going to be tough even so, yet it took me much longer than I expected.

I've also been having this problem however I fixed it simply by deleting the uTorrent data folder in AppData.

Click the start button and type %appdata% in the search, hit enter.

There is a folder in here called uTorrent. By deleting this folder it clears all the cache and settings of uTorrent. You can backup the settings.dat file in the uTorrent folder if you would prefer to keep your settings file. This is a quick fix, hopefully it works for everyone else.

I installed the 64 bit version, 3.0, build 25570, and behold!, it showed the phantom torrents and let me delete them from the ListView.

So the 32bit uTorrent was not compatible with your 64bit Win7?

I've also been having this problem however I fixed it simply by deleting the uTorrent data folder in AppData.

I tried recreating this fix, the settings.dat file is only for the uTorrent settings, you should also include the resume.dat file this is where the torrent list is saved.

:) Thank you for sharing guys!

I installed the 64 bit version' date=' 3.0, build 25570, and behold!, it showed the phantom torrents and let me delete them from the ListView.[/quote']

So the 32bit uTorrent was not compatible with your 64bit Win7?

:) Thank you for sharing guys!

The 32 bit uTorrent was compatible with my 64 bit Win7. A few versions ago, this bug showed up and I was at a loss to fix its misbehavior. (I failed to recall the data stored in %appdata%. Excellent observation.) The 64 bit version of uTorrent seems to be free of this bug and it gave me access to the info stored in resume.dat and let me modify it.

Thanks for contributing to this fine program.

Also suffering from this issue, with a torrent that doesn't exist yet it's telling me it already exists.

Is there a way I can navigate around this uTorrent bug and 'reinitialize' uTorrent without losing my large list of seeded torrents?

I'm running uTorrent 3.0 (build 25806) [32-bit] on Windows 2008 SP2 x64.

Edit: Disregard, it solved itself after I restarted. Very odd.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Proper solution! Advantages: you won't lose the whole list of torrents, like when removing resume.dat as suggested above.

Download BEncode Editor https://sites.google.com/site/ultimasites/bencode-editor#download

Open %APPDATA%\uTorrent\resume.dat

Delete the offending torrent entry

Save

When uTorrent starts, it will complain about a failed file integrity check in the logger, ignore it

PROFIT!

• 2 months later...

I had this same problem...I just opened the sidebar using F7, expanding the Torrents section, and then expanded the Labels section. The torrent was under the Hidden label. I clicked on the torrent to bring it into the main screen and then right clicked and removed the torrent + data. I then redownloaded the torrent and it works fine. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

i was downloading from a week...........now its 80% downloaded.

suddenly one when i closed the torrent once and started again its now showing error then downloading bar is showing from 10% again. rest all the things remained same....................

please sort it out......its being 14gb which i downloaded..............please give me reply please..............................................................................................................

suddenly one when i closed the torrent once and started again its now showing error then downloading bar is showing from 10% again. rest all the things remained same....................

please sort it out......its being 14gb which i downloaded..............please give me reply please..............................................................................................................

You caused the problem by not allowing uTorrent to close cleanly before powering down. As a result the download is corrupted and HAS to be restarted.

Archived