uTorrent not obeying "maximum upload rate"

King Mustard

Within Preferences > Bandwidth, I have set the following:

• Maximum upload rate: 12 KB/s
  • When not downloading: 16 KB/s

I have applied the rates to "transport overhead" and "uTP connections".

However at the moment, my client is uploading at 75 KB/s.

Any idea why uTorrent is not not obeying the set "maximum upload rate"?

When I right-click on the upload information in uTorrent's status bar, it correctly shows 12 KB/s.

I am running the latest release of uTorrent (3.1.3).

• 3 weeks later...

same thing is happening to me. ever since the update to 313 i just installed. now i keep in preferences all my speed settings at 0 and then set them manually from each torrent in the torrent list. right click, properties, and in the next window i have in 40 for the max speed in kb/s and its ignoring me and uploading at full throttle! lol. i need help with this. its imortant to help seed fast as i download and use the speed scheduler as well to work around my family. btw the speed schedular is turned off now so i dont think that's the issue.

bump :)

can anyone help lpeeeeeez??

- Joel

no. should it be enabled? ive never really even noticed that option now that i look at it. dont even know what its for :)

and strangely the problem looks like it resolved itself. i cant say for sure but i keep changing the limits for each torrent and it keeps adjusting so that's kinda weird

so how would i let torrents from one site upload at full speed (to maintain the ratio over many torrents) and torrents from other sites upload at next to nothing. also how else would i let one torrent which i know wont go much over 1 or 200k download, while i let another which will download at the max only go to around 700k to save bandwidth for the slower one? (assuming around 1m/s download speed)

ive been using torrents for a long time. maybe 10 years or so? so the whole 'down the road' thing i dunno about. i just never really had to look too deeply into settings before until this and the last time i updated utorrent and both times the problems seemed to fix themselves.

Upload limits seems to be sometimes broken here when you also download at the same time. It seems that one of the issues here is that the limit now seems to not be applied to the overhead cause by the downloads :( This should be fixed!

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem.

I have the latest utorrent version and I do use global limits to keep a certain bandwidth for surfing etc.

I use per-torrent upload limits occasionaly when I have multiple torrents that I want to prioritize upload-wize.

Is this a problem with my end or a utorrent bug?

Archived