uTorrent not working... Need help

KCM75

i have the same problems too.yesterday i was downloading games from from isohunt but the availability was red so i cancel the download..after that i cant connect steam,internet explorer and google chrome but i can connect to firefox.i already find many solution in google but i cant solve.any1 can help me solve my problem :( because i restart factory my router and my laptop was fine with those 3 browsers

• 1 month later...

My Utorrent 3.1.3 stopped working - 0 up and 0down and when I tried to update the tracker, I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE: " Unable to contact utorrent update server".

Please tell me how to correct this problem. I know how to use uTorrent but am not an expert by any means.

Thank you

John Martin

At the bottom of the uTorrent page, it now says "Waiting to log in" ...but nothing happens.

FRIDAY AUGUST 3RD:

Since I never received an anwer, today I solved the problem myself.

Here's how:

1. I exited uTorrent.

2. I went online and downloaded and installed uTorrent 3.2

3. I opened the new uTorrent and everything was fine, downloading and uploading okay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem I have a Sony Vaio running Windows 7

My antivirus is Avast Internet Security

The numbers are DHT: Waiting to log in D: 0.0 kB/s T:11.2 kB U: 0.0 kB/s T:8.5 kB

I'm running uTorrent version 3.3 since 3.2 wouldn't allow me to connect to a Bandwidth whereas I have better success with 3.3 although for some reason if I run the tests again sometimes the connection no longer works.

I'm literally new to this so I have no idea how to work any of this so any help anyone can offer me would be very much appreciated.

Okay, makes sense

I have version 7.0 currently running

Should I shut off the P2P Shield? Will that pose a problem later?

I'm not entirely sure how to configure my firewall, I went to the Application rules and adjusted the settings so that Bittorrent and uTorrent say 'Allow connections to all Networks'

I reinstalled uTorrent and passed both the Bandwidth & Network tests but I'm still getting the same error, and the one torrent I had downloading has a red bar which I assume means it's unavailable.

I must be missing something.

Invalid URL - means it doesn't exist any more so remove it

Connection timed out - means the tracker did not respond in a "timely" fashion which usually indicates the tracker is 'down' or if it is a UDP tracker could be firewall, proxy or router/ISP related

"Waiting to annouce" means the client cannot reach DHT for some reason, probably firewall (or proxy) related.

You do realise that reading the manual or simply using a Google search will get you all that information without waiting for a response here.

I've tried Google, it's how I found this place as the manual didn't provide much help for the (many) problems I was having and the more specific I got the less answers I found so I figured to ask people here since you all obviously know what you're doing.

My main issue is none of the downloads are working, and I'm just trying to narrow down what might be causing the issue, I'm not completely computer illiterate but I've never dealt with torrents/torrent program before so (as you can plainly see) I'm out of my depth here.

I got rid of the non-working torrent and found another which isn't giving me a red bar at all, but the trackers still have the same 'Waiting to announce', 'Working' and 'Connection Timed Out'

So if I'm still have trouble with DHT then as was mentioned I must still be having firewall or proxy issues, I made an exception in the Window's Firewall as prompted when installing. I'm just curious if the changes I made to the Avast firewall settings was enough or if it's not the firewall at all and I'm looking at the wrong issue.

Archived