Alternating row color

metzeltiger

Alrighty I finaly got the time to post a mock-up of what I had in mind. Now I just need more people to agree with it. And maybe the devs will include it. It shows provides a way to see multiple torrents and it also gives a better insight into what is going on with the torrent at a glance. I know this is uTorrent and not Bittornado but that is a key feature in my opinion that I think uTorrent should mimic amongst others of course ;)

Keep up the good work guys. And by all means tell me what you think hate it or love it. There is no such thing as destructive criticism.

BTW the grey box around the text is from the theme I'm using and not indicative of the idea I'm proposing.

utorrentcolorstatus1dz.th.png

I dont mind either suggestions, Alternating row color ala iTunes style or the text being status-colored.

But it won't really be ala iTunes style, it will be messy ala NOT iTunes style. Seriously, status doesn't need this much attention, its important but the status icon is very sufficient.

I think alternating rows is a must. As for coloured text, it may not be to everybody's taste but as an option it would be good, makes it very easy to see the status at a glance.

Also, not meaning to hijack this thread but could you guys give this thread some attention ;)

Indeed, alternating rows are a must. It is no great hardship to make the color of the alternate rows user selectable -- it doesn't even need to be a menu option (adding menus can take much longer than adding actual features...) and could be some plaintext settings file somewhere -- but even that seems like overkill, just hardcoding a very light grey/blue alternate line would surely be sufficient and a huge improvement.

As for the status colored text... well, I think the mockup of the colored text based on status looks pretty good, and shouldn't be that hard to code in. However, it would _need_ to be optional (defaulting to off, probably) since it is just repeating information which is already in the icons... _If_ the alternating row color(s) was user managable, it'd be great to have this user controled as well.

Archived