WebUI 1.01 - MSG $("List").firstChild has no properties

kakazza

It wasn't meant to be a brag of any sort. I was only saying that it is totally improved over either version, but if you want to take it as such, you're very welcome to -- be my guest. I do suppose you'd like to tell Firon to stop "bragging" about the newest private build of µTorrent, too?

No, sorry, I'm not going to leave it as me not understanding the difference, as I understand it well enough, I know what bragging is, and I know I'm not bragging. Or does taking screenshots make all the difference? I'm not petty enough to brag about having a newer build that I'm testing only so that other testers have a better time with a later build, thank you very much. Think I am? Try asking anyone who's been around long enough to see if I've bragged to them about anything. I said you can take it however you like, and I'll leave it as you misunderstanding my words.

I'm sorry, but I hate it when people think they know what I'm thinking and pass it as fact. I'm dropping this conversation immediately, as I don't want any bitter feelings to crop up between us from a minor quibble/misunderstanding.

Well, you brag when you put the 102.5 when it wasn't needed at all. In a discussion where we talk about stability of the current beta version you post this: "And .102.5 is working even better than either one =P", knowing it's not public and that won't give any helpful idea of the improvement followed by a sticking out tongue smilie. A proper, non bragging comment would be "the new version will fix most of these problems" or "later versions are FAR less buggy" using Firon words.

The problem is not what you think but what the others think by reading your words, so sometimes you have to stop and read your post to be certain it won't be misleading. Maybe you didn't have the intention to do it, but it looked that way. You think I misunderstood... of course, but your post for me WAS bragging. Just as simple.

Quoting you: "I hate it when people think they know what I'm thinking and pass it as fact."

Yes, there are always to sides to a conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is now officially ruined. Good job guys. Off-topic molesters.

Maybe someone with some real information can sort out the "MSG $("List").firstChild has no properties" bug, and tell us why he gets that error message.

Archived