Downloading with 0 seeds, and connected to peers?

php111

Hey everyone,

Is it possible to download a torrent that has 0 seeds, but then let's say for the peers it has 2(5), and it gets stuck at a certain percent the peers goes from 2(5) to 0(5), or however many peers there are? I'm always getting stuck at a percent, and I can't find that torrent anywhere else. If it's possible to download successful torrent at seeds 0(0), how could it be done if possible?

I hope someone could reply back with instructions on how to download with 0 seeds.

Thank you,

I read some instructions online using btreannouncer, and it's suppose to bring back dead files that has no seeds. Is that true? I tried it by going to the site, and click on upload and click on the torrent file. I get a message that says failed to write file to disk. I'm not sure if this will really work, and if it's safe to do? If this method would work, how could I Re-Announce the file?

Hey everyone,

Is it possible to download a torrent that has 0 seeds, but then let's say for the peers it has 2(5), and it gets stuck at a certain percent the peers goes from 2(5) to 0(5), or however many peers there are? I'm always getting stuck at a percent, and I can't find that torrent anywhere else. If it's possible to download successful torrent at seeds 0(0), how could it be done if possible?

You can only download what is available. If you look at the peer list in the "Detailed Info" pane, the highest percentage shown there is as far as you can get.

Thank you for the help!

This is the one REMOVED.

It's East Coast Spring 1990 Part 2 on that link.

I'm not sure why I couldn't download from peers without any seeds? I thought peers are the leechers which my guess would be I'll might be lucky and get a copy from the leecher, right? I guess I'm wrong?

I guess I'm wrong?

Yes you are. And giving a link to a list of torrents - is also wrong...

I did remove that link. There are no other ways to download with no seeders? I wish we was able to control the availability, so I could change it to 1.0.

• 2 weeks later...
There are no other ways to download with no seeders? I wish we was able to control the availability, so I could change it to 1.0.

I ran into this before...it can be a bit confusing. Think of it this way:

An original torrent has 3 parts.

User 1 downloaded and has only part 1 available.

User 2 downloaded and has only part 2 available.

User 3 downloaded and has only part 2 also.

Nobody has all 3 parts, so nobody is a seeder - they are all peers, aka leechers. (Like Ciaobaby said, they are peers, not seeders.)

You'll never get that missing part because it's simply not there - it's off the grid :( - UNLESS a kind soul who has that missing part pops in and starts seeding again! :D

Archived