Utorrent&tethering

hajjid

Hi,

until now I was using Meteor network, tethered connection via usb from my phone to laptop. I was getting OK speed between 300-500 kB/s unfortunale the network was limited.

Now I switched to 3 Network with all u can eat data, but when run Utorrent, 5% of the time it's red saying ports are blocked, 95% of the time it is yellow (port not open but u can download), I ran some online port scanners and all of them seem to be closed O_o ,I call the tech department and they assured me that they have not closed any ports. So what the heck is going on, Please help me.

It basically triggers a firewalled state (can't accept incoming connections) automatically because of how it works.

Port forwarding would be required.

Ok, how exactly can I forward a port since my phone serves only as a modem and besides can I forward a port when its closed?

ciaobaby: A listening port is for incoming connections, you can upload on an outgoing connection, albeit not as well.

If your provider is natting you then the forwarding has to be done by them. Chances are they wont, but depending on the provider you may be able to pay an additional fee for a public IP address.

Is the IP your PC is getting an RFC1918 address?

Archived