Upload from two computers on the same network

quinto6

I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss/ask, but what I am wondering is if I have to computers hooked up to my network, both including the files I have available for upload, would they each act as a seed (if I am in the initial uploader/seeder of a file, would it be basically like there are two seeders?), or would it just be like one?

If there's only one internet connection on the network, there is NO benefit at all to seeding from multiple computers on it.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. If I'm doing a trackerless (or the tracker isn't the most stable) I'll sometimes seed from two systems, one on Vuze, and one on utorrent. That way there's an initial seed on both, but that's also on a torrent I know there will be a significant initial demand on, and where swarm fragmentation could occur. But after an hour or two ,I close the vuze down, once it has become a nice unified swarm.

but that's more a special case, rather than a situation that's going to crop up often. So in the main what DWK says.

Archived