Fix utorrent. Just fix it.

truglx

I want everyone to know what I just went through, this application NEEDS fixing.

I belong to a private torrent site that requires me to seed. A few of my torrents weren't seeding, so I (accidentally) hit CMD+A, then right clicked and hit "force recheck" wow was that a mistake. About 30/45 torrents were only showing up anywhere from 1-85% complete. The download location was set correctly, I had never changed it to begin with. Actually, when I would right click the "missing" files in the torrent, and hit "show in finder" they showed up in full. I tried restarting, I tried resetting the download location. No luck. So I gave up, thought that was the worst of this debacle.

WRONG.

Next I "CMD+DEL" all of those torrents thinking it would ask me first if I want to delete just the torrent, or the torrent and the data files. It deleted ALL of the data files associated with all of those torrents.

Thanks utorrent. Fix your shit.

About 30/45 torrents were only showing up anywhere from 1-85% complete. The download location was set correctly, I had never changed it to begin with.

And how many of these torrents contained media files with embedded tags that could have been changed by media software on your machine?

Next I "CMD+DEL" all of those torrents thinking it would ask me first if I want to delete just the torrent, or the torrent and the data files. It deleted ALL of the data files associated with all of those torrents.

This is why you always make backups. You brought this part on yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, it's becoming a bit clearer now. There is an ADD button above the menu row. I clicked that and I was asked to add a torrent. It allowed me to browse, but everything in my folder of torrents was greyed out - I couldn't choose any of them. There's got to be some trick to this seeding business.

Archived