Recheck failing..

true_blue

I am trying to figure out why utorrent is failing the recheck of this one torrent all the time. I have moved the torrent to a new disk and it still does it. Would consider bad RAM but bad ram wouldn't make the recheck fail on the same file every time I re-download it. And if I delete the .ut! file for the bad file then recheck, the next file in the list suddenly shows as incomplete, when it passed the recheck before deleting the ut file for the original fail. Its strange..

Here is the magnet link for the torrent if anyone wants to check it.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:B0A27DFA20FBD58E1836D8AF978504B87CC1B839&dn=Early%20Windows%20OS%20Collection%20by%20CSIWEMBLEY&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ffr33domtracker.h33t.com%3a3310%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fwww.h33t.com%3a3310%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.1337x.org%3a80%2fannounce

I have also been having other problems with utorrent recently.

Magnet links sometimes don't load and I have to restart utorrent. That doesn't always fix it, and I have to kill the process sometimes in order to end utorrent. Sometimes I have to delete torrent plus data and re-load the magnet link several times before it will "bite" and work.

Also rechecking doesn't always work, it seems to sit at 0% indefinitely until I kill the process.

Running memtest right now but I think it could be utorrent itself or some other software problem.. are any of these problems an issue in 3.3??

I have re-installed utorrent multiple times in case anyone is wondering..

Cheers

And if I delete the .ut! file for the bad file then recheck, the next file in the list suddenly shows as incomplete, when it passed the recheck before deleting the ut file for the original fail. Its strange..

not strange at all. The file is split into pieces. Part of that file shared a piece with the next file in the list. when you deleted the incomplete file, you deleted some of the data in that piece. Thus, when that piece was rechecked, it failed and was discarded. That included the bit from the file that was complete.

Archived