Disk overload problem

GreyWilk

Hello!

As I see it, I have a huge problem regarding this; Disk overload.

It continues to hit 100% all the time if I have more than one torrent active for download.

And it happens within a minute.

I've got a small local ISP (I live in the southern of Sweden). Speed is at: 250/100Mbps.

Running Windows 7 SP1 64-bit and uTorrent 3.3 build 29625 32-bit.

The drive I download to is a WD Green 1TB and about 3 years old.

I suspect that the amount of writing in different sectors of the drive makes it hit 100% quickly, but I would like to get a second opinion. And ofc it does not help that the drive uses a span between 5400 and 7200 rpm.

Or do I always have to set bandwidth prio for all downloads perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried 3.3.1, 3.3.2 or 3.4 yet?

Ty for your answer!

There seem to be no stable releases for uTorrent later than the one I've got that fixes anything but installer problems and similar - so, based on my problem and the developers fix-list there seem to be no reason to upgrade due to the fact that I prefer not using alphas or betas. My PC runs 24/7 a month a the time and I don't want programs running amok after just a few days cause of a mem leak or so - just cause it's not tested enough - and so on.

Thanks. But...

Read my posts again and then read:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=138464

There is nothing stating that a problem like that is fixed or even looked at.

Could it be that the "reading arm / arms" in the HDD is just too slow to handle the amount of data being written if the drive is fragmented / too fragmented?

Archived