low kbps dispite Port forwarding.

stupuff

I have had this problem for a while and now I am sick of it. Please help.

I am an amateur, I admit, but I know about how to port forward. I have loads of sources, seeders and leechers alike, yet see nothing more than 20-50 kbps. I have tested my connection using speedtest and get 5.1 Mbits/s.

I thought it might be Bell's network throttle but my other programs are fine and browser download is in line with speedtest.

Peers displays the number of peers you are connected to, and the number of peers in the swarm within the parentheses. The number of peers in the swarm is an estimate based on the maximum number of peers found either between the amounts reported by any tracker, or the number of peers µTorrent has encountered within its peer cache. If the torrent job is stopped, and bt.scrape_stopped is enabled, µTorrent will show the maximum number of peers in the swarm as reported by the tracker scrapes.

Seeds displays the number of seeds you are connected to, and the number of seeds in the swarm within the parentheses. The number of seeds in the swarm is an estimate based on the maximum number of seeds found either between the amounts reported by any tracker, or the number of seeds µTorrent has encountered within its peer cache. If the torrent job is stopped, and bt.scrape_stopped is enabled, µTorrent will show the maximum number of seeds in the swarm as reported by the tracker scrapes.

From the user manual (press F1 to find it)

30 Kilobytes per second is not fast in this time and age

I agree, I just intended to make you aware that your speed was somewhat faster than you thought.

I thought it might be Bell's network throttle but my other programs are fine and browser download is in line with speedtest.

BitTorrent protocol is different and can be throttled without affecting HTTP (browser) download. You could run a Glasnost test to see if your ISP is throttling BitTorrent:

http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php

Archived