Ok so what have i just installed by accident

eyegeegeewhy

Just ran the update process to the latest version and was too click happy. The last screen said Accept and not install but by the time i realized id already clicked it. Very sneaky well done you got me. Now can any one tell me what rubbish i have just installed alongside utorrent? I notice that chrome is now defaulting to yahoo. Is this a one off change or is there now a process waiting to swap it back?. Basically what do i have to do to undo whatever it did.

Cheers

Exactly what changes were made part from changing the home website?

I need a detailed list so that I can revert back to normal.

Doing things like this is worse than being a phallosenlargementspammer.. You deliberately put the Accept offer where you knew people would click and only later realize what happened.. Shame on you!

Similar concerns here....We know that those piggyback apps help pay for development and mtce of uTorrent, but there is no need to be sneaky about it. Present the offers up front in a clear and concise way...transparency is the best policy always.

But of more concern to me, the installer no longer seems to have an option to allow the user to decide which drive to install to...I NEED to have control over my installs and these automated routines are for the birds...

And please, no answer from user ciaobaby...totally unhelpfull and a waste of forum storage space...

Thanks;

Speedy

But of more concern to me, the installer no longer seems to have an option to allow the user to decide which drive to install to...I NEED to have control over my installs and these automated routines are for the birds...

Assuming you can ... Read the user manual regarding Encapsulated or Portable installation.

This is the very type of un-feeling, flippant answer I said I didn't want. You're suggesting the problem stems from my inability to read, while the solution you offer is backwards and counter-intuitive.

What we need is a clear 'install to' choice as part of the initial install process, not an after-the-fact transport to another location that one has to sift through a manual to hopefully find out about.

Instead of assuming that all user who post on this forum are incompetent imbeciles and insulting their intelligence, you would do well to revert the install process to a more user-friendly state, as was available in earlier versions.

Note that 'portable' installation could be a useful choice for many as well...

Thank you

What we need is a clear 'install to' choice as part of the initial install process, not an after-the-fact transport to another location that one has to sift through a manual to hopefully find out about.
The location has been changed to allow automatic updates to be 'silent', ahich has been explained in several threads.

ALSO there are several threads that explain exactly HOW to install the client as 'portable'.

So given the fact that you FAILED to find any of them leads me to assume that you have an inability to actually read the information that exists already regarding your question, and therefore wonder how explaining it once again will actually help?

Why expect all to read every thread available? Just because you may have enough time to doesn't mean the rest of us do.. Putting the relevant information in a reply isn't that hard, even politely, although it has been stated previously in other threads..

And again, where can I find out exactly what was done to my computer?

Reverting back to my previous default websites and search providers doesn't seem to be just "it"..

Please provide a list or a "revert" application, yesterday!

Archived