uTorrent 3.3.2 Automatically Adding Torrents with Hidden label.

platypus69

Hi all,

uTorrent has been working fine for months on my Windows 8.1 computer (x64), which has 3 screens (One 1560 x 1660 and two 1920 x 1200).

When clicking on magnet link I get the pop-up which I use to populate the label, automatically start it, put at top/bottom of download list, etc.

Anyway, 2 days ago, uTorrent started to automatically accept magnet links without the pop-up window and all torrents are going to bottom of queue and into the "Hidden: label.

I want to go back to prior behaviour.

I have tried to turn off and then back on the "Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data" in Preferences > UI Settings. This has not worked.

I have seen some suggestions that this is related to multiple monitors and the pop up being off window. But no-one has provided clear instructions on what to do. Pressing Alt-Tab show a list of the (presumably) add torrents pop-up windows. Although I did experience that yesterday before I rebooted my computer.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but...

There is no "OK" button as that add new torrent window now no longer pops up as it used to.

Clicking on a magnet automatically adds the torrent to end of queue and gets metadata.

I no longer have that add new torrent window where I can change download directory, add to top of queue, change label.

uTorrent's behaviour has changed automatically for some reason, and I want to reset it's behaviour.

Same issue with sending torrents automatically to Labels-Hidden. There is no option to save file too just the Utorrent skin  with nothing in active.  It sends the torrent to user-downloaded and stops you must force start.  This began with the update 3.3.2,  and continues with the Beta 3.4.1.

Please fix this as soon as possible or people will not figure it out.  I just got so frustrated none of my torrents were downloading.  I don't care if you're nice but, you better be good.

Same issue with sending torrents automatically to Labels-Hidden. There is no option to save file too just the Utorrent skin  with nothing in active.  It sends the torrent to user-downloaded and stops you must force start.  This began with the update 3.3.2,  and continues with the Beta 3.4.1.

Please fix this as soon as possible or people will not figure it out.  I just got so frustrated none of my torrents were downloading.  I don't care if you're nice but, you better be good.

I have to say - I cannot understand your use-case... Maybe you accidentally enabled pref->labels?

Had the same issue.  When you extend your desktop to a second screen and the popup window for torrent information automatically goes to that second screen, if the screen resolution is set to single or duplicated screens again- then the window has no place to go which forces utorrent to automatically place the new torrent stopped in the folder hidden in the computers default download location.  To fix this issue, simply extend your desktop, add a torrent, then drag the torrent info screen back to display 1.  Once that's done you can revert your display settings to whatever you like and all program behaviour will return to its previous state.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can also rename your setting.dat/old files (revent to default). Sadly you will loose all you other settings too...

With some  effort you can see what was changed in it, and manually delete those items in the old file.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok figured out my problem.  Had recently switched to one monitor and the option to select the folders had somehow been put on the second screen that wasn't there even though my pc was set to one display.  Second monitor installed again and tada, four torrent selections popped up and now works fine.  Hope you can understand that use case.

• 3 weeks later...

when adding torrents to utorrent the torrents sometimes would get placed in a folder under labels called hidden.  I have been unable to choose labels or choose a preference for all torrents to just be list as no label.  Now I just updated to 3.4.1RC  and the hidden folder reads as if it contains torrents but none are visible.   What is going on???  I have been using utorrent for since i cant remember, 8yrs or so and this last year has been one problem after another.  Still to no avail new torrents switch to Error : cant open torrent file and this is happening with different computers that are not networked.  no words.

when adding torrents to utorrent the torrents sometimes would get placed in a folder under labels called hidden.  I have been unable to choose labels or choose a preference for all torrents to just be list as no label.  Now I just updated to 3.4.1RC  and the hidden folder reads as if it contains torrents but none are visible.   What is going on???  I have been using utorrent for since i cant remember, 8yrs or so and this last year has been one problem after another.  Still to no avail new torrents switch to Error : cant open torrent file and this is happening with different computers that are not networked.  no words.

i shutdown utorrent and re-start the program and now i can see the torrents that were invisible in the folder under labels called hidden but ofcourse they are at the statis of error: unable to read torrent file.  I delete the torrent and try to reload the torrent and is invisible.  Repeat shutdown and etc.....   only the torrents the get placed in to the no label can i see or have control over and some of them switch to error: unable to read torrent file befor i do anything after clicking download this torrent form TPB.  Please help, i have been fighting these to problems for months following all forums and suggestions without any hope.

Additional note:   I am still having no success.  I am only able to see new torrents downloaded to utorrent after restarting utorrent.  They appear in the folder, Labels Hidden.  I am unable to change their label or start them.  Most of the torrents are in Status STOPPED 0% with some in Status ERROR:  UNABLE TO OPEN TORRENT FILE.  Not all torrents show-up, but the ones that do, the only action i can take is to trash them and doing this doesnt reduce the number count next to the folder Label Hidden.  The torrents downloaded previose to updating to 3.4.1RC and are in No Label folder I still have control over their status.   I would trash everything but i have 457 torrents in utorrent.  

Additional note:   I am still having no success.  I am only able to see new torrents downloaded to utorrent after restarting utorrent.  They appear in the folder, Labels Hidden.  I am unable to change their label or start them.  Most of the torrents are in Status STOPPED 0% with some in Status ERROR:  UNABLE TO OPEN TORRENT FILE.  Not all torrents show-up, but the ones that do, the only action i can take is to trash them and doing this doesnt reduce the number count next to the folder Label Hidden.  The torrents downloaded previose to updating to 3.4.1RC and are in No Label folder I still have control over their status.   I would trash everything but i have 457 torrents in utorrent.  

I'm having this exact same issue. Exactly.

I have a exactly the same problem. uTorrent used to work fine, now since a few versions all new torrents get added with the hidden label.

I can also only a set a default download directory, not chose a new one every time.

I'm not also getting the error message when I restart uTorrent (Error: can't open torrent file...)

I have this exact problem as well. I packed up my second monitor and now i do not receive a pop up window to enable me to save the torrent. After reading through this thread i appears that the pop up box is showing on a phantom monitor. To confirm my suspicions I clicked the magnet link and hit enter straight after voila the torrent populated into the list as normal. So this means that if you ever have a second monitor attached and then remove it your magnet pop up box will appear on the phantom screen. This is a 100% a software bug and should be fixed. The version I am running is 3.4.1 build 30888.

Hope this helps people until they fix the issue  :) .

Archived