turn off "create subfolder" option

leftkidney

I have searched for about 1 hour now and really cant find anything other than maybe this is a feature that isnt part of utorrent but rather the bittorrent protocol I am not sure but I want it turned off and I cant find the option in the settings

when I download a torrent there is some option that says "create subfolder" and its checked but I cant uncleck it

I want to have utorrent ask me everytime what directory to put what torrent into when I download it, I have the options in settings unchecked for the directories part

is there some option under the advanced section I can alter? I dont like having to "rip" everything out of its folders and put them into 1 folder this isnt the way utorrent worked in the past so I assume its something new, maybe I will just have to go back to the older version, I hate these so called upgrades

There are two use cases:

1. Single file torrent: uT does NOT create a sub-folder for it, so it is also grayed out in the "add torrent" dialog

2. Multiple files torrent: uT gives you the option to create subfolder for the files or not in that same dialg

There is not option to do that same thing when not using the Add-torrent options/dialog, and you really do not want to automatically save multiple files from multiple torrent in the same main folder...

So, just use option 2...

I dont understand what you mean by "use option 2" what the "Multiple files torrent" is this some option I didnt find it

I am confused about what you are even saying not to be rude but it sounds like english through some translator

but anyways why wouldnt I want to download multiple torrents to the same folder? I am not downloading the .torrent files to that filder just the actual thing I am downloading - this is how I have done it for years and never had any problems

I dont like having to open each folder to watch each episode of a show I downloaded, I want them all to be in the same folder so I can see them all and when watching them I dont have to keep going back and opening the next folder

also xbmc sometimes has problems seeing the files if they are more than a few folders deep and can act strange with tv shows so I like to create my own folders and name them how I want

I dont understand what you mean by "use option 2" what the "Multiple files torrent"
2. Multiple files torrent: uT gives you the option to create subfolder for the files or not, in that same dialog

c66d07312826095.jpg

Is that clear enough for you?

There is a point here, though: this setting should be available *also* in the preferences, and should not pre-require an "Add" operation at all, moreover specifically "add" of a multi-files torrent, in order to be able  to enable/disable it.

You see those two  little cycling arrows at the bottom? It means this is a magnet link, not a torrent file.

You see the empty torrent content? It means the magnet/torrent metadata is not in yet, and it does not know if there are multiple files in it.

So you just need to wait till the torrent will populate with data, and the checkbox will (hopefully) be functional for multiple files torrents.

thats all there has been lately for most torrents, havent found the normal torrent links like in the past and I never liked how it wouldnt show the files or the size until later but no other way I can see to download it - am I missing something here? look at this link there is nothing but magnet links right?

I have never waited more than a few min to see if those stop spinning but it never did I would have to wait for it to populate after I download it

but anyways this was never a problem in the past, I have only started having this problem in the last 4 months or so and the magnet links have been around for much longer than that I just noticed it lately and before I dont even think there was a option to uncheck like there is now

>havent found the normal torrent links like in the past

well, this is your problem... not utorrent's... if you don't like, don't use thepiratepay ;)

use http://www.kat.ph/ and zilion more...

yea agreed I normally use those but TPB is pretty much always ben around where as the others go down or change over the years TPB has been around for longer and although it does go down from time to time it always comes back in a day or so but the others like kat had to change the url and all sorts of things to keep running

anyways I dont blame utorrent but this is not something that always happened with magnet links until a recent update in utorrent - I will have to try older versions and see what happens

thanks for the help

Result 1: you're no longer supported when you do this.

no longer supported? thats not something I really care about to be honest I dont need support I just need a torrent client

I wish utorrent would create a "lite" version I dont need anything other than downloading, those new features like adding to usb devices and apps nothing like that I need or ever use but I like utorrent because its always been the best and used the least resources to run so I always used it

Archived