Migrating torrent files?

scrotolingus

So I have a box that is dying :( Moving the downloaded files is a non-issue but where I have hit a wall it with the torrent files. Downloaded the same version of uT to the new box & copied the torrent files over to that box. Pointed uT to the directory where I put the torrent files but uT is not seeing them....not loading them into the client. any suggestions?

Thanks for that link DWK, but I don't think anything there is really going to work in my situation other than loading each .torrent individually. I do not use a single directory to download my files to, I use dozens in fact.

Not good planning there. The way I did it was installed the program ut onto a separate HDD and there in that folder made folder for various torrent operations.

example

Downloads

Completed

Torrent

Trash

And then I pointed the preferences to each folder and so when the torrents starts I know where each folder is set for and that makes for easy location of the finished torrents.

I have a bit of OCD about directory strucute PlusX. My TV shows go in a TV directory, then the day of the week they air & then the show name & then the season. Movies are divided by genre. Music goes in a genre, then group, then album directory. No way I am going to mix all of that in a single directory.

I have a bit of OCD about directory strucute PlusX. My TV shows go in a TV directory, then the day of the week they air & then the show name & then the season. Movies are divided by genre. Music goes in a genre, then group, then album directory. No way I am going to mix all of that in a single directory.

Well then this is your choice on how you setup the download folders by default ut goes into one directory and how you customize it after that is up to you to provide your own support for it.

Archived