3.4.2.37754 Downloading skipped files

igamenir

Hi,

just found out that the version I have is downloading even the skipped files. Since the torrent has 137 GB I want only 900 MB, I'm not happy with that.

What more, when I set skip to files, it recounts the remaining size and percents, but keep downloading everything and counting it. When it gets to 100% counted data, it stops and changes to Seeding, no matter what files the data belongs to. Other time (when I restart the download), it just shows Completed message on 100% but keeps downloading and counting above 100% (got easily to 350%). When the desired files are finally completed, the download stops but the status is not changed to Seeding.

post-380586-0-70555300-1421689710_thumb.

I downloaded only the two files shown in the screen shot. So I'd guess it should be maximum four other files of both sides of the two files. But all the files had first and last piece downloaded, as you can see. Not sure, if more.

Even if that's ok and it's the purpose, the counting of data and downloading 350% doesn't seem right, does it?

I just created new account to log exactly this same error.

Torrent contains about 600 files, i'm interested in first 10. (blocks 1-40) - I set all other files to skip.
uTorrent ignores this, and happily keeps donwloading blocks from 1500 up .. and refuses to download the files/blocks I set as the only ones to download. 

Stop/restart for the torrent doesnt do anything.

The files that utorrent is downloading have no common blocks with the files i asked to dowlnoad - theres more than 1000 blocks gap between them.

I downloaded only the two files shown in the screen shot. So I'd guess it should be maximum four other files of both sides of the two files. But all the files had first and last piece downloaded, as you can see. Not sure, if more.

Even if that's ok and it's the purpose, the counting of data and downloading 350% doesn't seem right, does it?

Isn't it showing only 103% on your screenshot?...  which also doesn't look right...

• 3 weeks later...

I have a same problem with downloading skipped files. This bug is in uTorrent for ages. Still hoping for patch to come. For long time i didn't know how to reproduce situation but recently i figure it out. Load torrent, mark some files for skipping, let uTorrent to download some time, close it (completely), restart computer (probably not necessary), run uTorrent. Skipped files is still properly marked, but downloaded percentage is lower than before. uTorrent begin to download skipped files like any other. Temporary solution is to mark skipped files again, but you have to do this every time you start uTorrent.

uTorrent staff, fix this issue.

Archived