Hard shutdowns + utorrent = invalid resume.dat

Gorbachev

I'm having a bit of a problem, and i dont know how to explain. Basically, I can start utorrent only after deleting resume.dat. Luckly, I am only downloading one torrent at the time, and i enabled the backup settings in utorrent to place the .torrent files in a folder, and the finished .torrents in another folder, so i just go there and open it, and it resumes after the hash check.

So, everytime i have a need to close utorrent, and restart it, i have to delete resume.dat, or else it just loads in memory and that is it. You can see the process running, but the program never shows up on the screen or the system tray.

Another thing that could be enfluencing this is that my pc has had the sudden urge lately to overheat, while in the past it has been fine. I just got some new silicon based heat sink compound and put it between my chassis and processor after scraping off the old hard crusty thermal paste. The restarting ended, now its just my Radeon 9200 AIW that is overheating, locking up the screen when it does. I have two fans, one on the GPU, one on the CPU. The side of my box is off, almost always.

Anyways, this results in me constantly rebooting my machine and utorrent wont load up. but the thing is, utorrent wont load up even after normal reboots. Always deleting resume.dat seems to only be a valid alternative until a new version is released.

Um...do you see 'site admin' under his name? :lol:

So, does that mean he is special? He keeps talking about the bug being fixed, but does not give a link to download the fixed version. Does that mean he is the tester for it?

ludde is the main developer.

So, that answers my question, ludde is special. I enjoy using the client, as the memory usage is even smaller than XBT. I will wait patiently for 1.1.7, and go back to 1.1.5 for the time being, as it appears to work fine, without having to remove the resume.dat file. problem solved for now.

@deeppal

My question was valid, I am site admin for about 30 different sites, and have nothing to do with software delevopment or testing. I wanted clarification as to how ludde knew the bug was fixed, and it was provided to me, so I thank that person for the information.

Archived