DHT crap, I've tried everything!

Desception

hello all,

my DHT has never worked in uT and I use the Black ICE firewall and a linksys WRT45G router. it has since stopped working in Azureus as well ever since I changed the forwarded port on the router from 33507 to 52469. I changed the forwarded port yesterday because I heard it was better to use a port between 49000 - 65000. I am using the latest firmware from linksys installed on the router and my firewall has exceptions for both TCP and UDP for the port 52469 (my uT port). windows firewall is turned off as there is no need for it to be on due to Blacke ICE. why exactly is the damn thing not working?! I have checked every possible anomaly and every setting... there is no reason why it should not be working 100% correctly. someone please help!

unfortunately, yes I have. I have tried everything I can find and multiple times at that. I have heard rumors that the official linksys firmware has some delay in connections and does not fully change for 5 days time. I have also heard speculation that by upgrading to a 3rd party firmware I can fix this. can someone explain a little further? my knowledge on this subject is limited.

I have found a solution, finally! I installed the HyperWRT G Thibor15c firmware from http://www.thibor.co.uk and it worked magnificently! however, you must not port forward but use UPnP instead. yes, I know UPnP is controvertial but Thibor has corrected all the BS. this has gotten rid of both of the NAT and DHT errors that uTorrent and Azureus were giving me. both applications are working wonderfully for me now, thanks for all your guys' help ^_^

I tried forwarding the ports manually with thibor, was the first thing I did. it did not work, and then it cut complete connection to the internet off. I had to restore settings and clear NVRAM and use UPnP. no big deal though, UPnP is rather useful anyway.

Archived