Blue Screen IRQL less than or egual

Lyle

I occasionally get this message if I leave utorrent on overnight. I saw one other person had this problem but no solution was found. I am sure its utorrent 1.5 because it happens only when utorrent is on.

Anybody have any ideas?

Lyle

• 8 months later...

Well I got bsod too , unfortunately I did not write down note of it in a paper ,

I remember i had on uTorrent and eMule ,

I got intuition of course that is one of them , and sure is not eMule coz i left it running for months no stop , and since 2 years I installed my XP i never got a bsod ,

the newest program installed before than this is just uTorrent .

I disabled the Disk Cache options ,

maybe it helps , but as far as i know since 1.5 version people began to get these bsod .

If i was the admin/programmeur here I would check my code better instead than give

sentences about bad drivers .

Thanks.

Listen at me ,

some year ago eMuleplus caused the bsod , their programmers admitted this and corrected the bug .

I will write down the error but don't be so sure that uTorrent has no part in this ,

except I n the other users are victims of the same coincidence and bug in drivers n kernel mode...

I heard there were major issues with AMD-running NVidia-made NForce2 motherboards. Mainly it was the firewall DLLs associated with it, but it may be more far-reaching than that. Because numerous people had AMD-based computers, the problem seems like a far-reaching conspiracy that µTorrent is unwilling to admit.

Or Norton, McAfee, or Zone Alarm interfering with µTorrent. The posts here on that subject are plentiful.

There's just too much stuff out there that's defective by design that must be eliminated first before serious testing can be done. Unfortunately, I feel that way about Windows itself...but I digress.

Next time you get that error, write down everything you can about it...what was happening right before the error (in µTorrent as well as elsewhere on your computer) and even do some research into whatever files it may mention in the bluescreen to see what they're related to.

its a problem with utorrent. I have had this IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL error on 3 different pretty fast computers running xp. All the computers have no ram or hard drive problems.

Always happens over night when utorrent, is running. Leaving limewire up downloading and uploading at 800/240kbps never causes a bsod. Only utorrent. Deffinatly a problem with uttorent.

• 2 years later...

HERE'S THE SOLUTION GUYS:

1>

Open utorrent -> Options -> Speed Guide. In "Connection Type", make the value very small, e.g. xx/256k. (NOTE: Strangely this does NOT limit your download speed. I still get 1.5mbps downloads with this option). Click on "Use Selected Settings". Restart utorrent. BSOD should not come anymore while downloading.

If the above doesn't work, try the below, IN ADDITION to the above, i.e. 1> + 2>

2>

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections. Right click on "Local Area Connection" -> properties -> General tab -> This connection uses the following items. Look for some entry which has your firewall's name in it. For example mine is "BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter Driver". Remove the tick beside it. Click on OK.

Look for the connection you use in the same "Network Connections" folder. ( The name you had given when you created the connection. Mine is a WAN Miniport PPPOE, which i named bsnl ). Right click on it -> properties -> Networking tab -> This connection uses the following items. Look for some entry which has your firewall's name in it. For example mine is "BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter Driver". Remove the tick beside it. Click on OK.

Restart PC.

I believe if only 1> above does not work the combo of 1> and 2> should not give any more BSODs

Hope this works. I know how frustrating it is when utorrent does not work ;-)

Sorry friends and sorry utorrent.

It seems GTHK was right.

I started getting BSODs again!

The problem is with BitDefender Firewall ( unless you're using BitDefender 2010, which my source, the link below, says has fixed. I haven't checked out 2010 as yet, so can't comment )

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15359

As discussed in the above link, the problem is caused by bdfndisf.sys

How did I find that out? Simple tool named BlueScreenView

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

So,

Temporary Solution - Disable BitDefender Firewall and use Windows Firewall

Permanent Solution (maybe) to use BitDefender 2010

Hope that works friends :)

Archived