Certain torrent won't proceed with its re-check

dothackjhe

What are the causes which makes a certain torrent not proceed with its checking? I just had a torrent in my download list that won't get past 38.4% of the checking process for some reason. 

Are there any steps I can take into resolving this? 

Means there is no peers or the site isn't allowing downloads. Or your torrent file is corrupted and you need to delete it and start from the beginning again.

Or you need to formatqreplace you hard disk...

I also had this in mind. However, as my computer's hard disk is pretty much okay outside of this issue, I find this method to only be as a last resort. 

Moreover, the re-checking of each active torrent I'm downloading gets to finish after every reboot though. The issue only arises when uTorrent itself acted up i.e. hard disk overload or after it was re-ran after being force closed because of getting locked in the background as a process. 

In addition, I also have the suspicion that the latest version of Avast! Free AV may have also caused the issue. 

Hi, I did try using your settings before but it did not seem to produce any better result. In fact, it appears that the setting is more fitted with the version 3 of uTorrent than the version 2 I am using based on the interface changes I noticed upon using it.

I do not think the issue to be torrent-specific as it also happens to other torrents I download as well. But to be specific about it, it's the torrent of ***** that has been in my downloads for a week or so now because of poor download speeds that is partly affected by the issue, but not solely.

I got a feeling that it is Avast!, my antivirus software, after having been updated that may be partly causing the issue. I

IIRC, the issue occurred after I updated the AV's program version.

I do not think the issue to be torrent-specific as it also happens to other torrents I download as well. But to be specific about it, it's the torrent of ***** that has been in my downloads for a week or so now because of poor download speeds that is partly affected by the issue, but not solely.

I got a feeling that it is Avast!, my antivirus software, after having been updated that may be partly causing the issue. I

IIRC, the issue occurred after I updated the AV's program version.

Put this fact out ... copyright protected program are prime target for DMCA violations. How about you buy the program and support the developers.

How about you buy the program and support the developers.

I agree with your statement, but not relevant to this topic.

I have issues with force recheck on certain torrents as well using latest stable. When I use utorrent 2.2.1 as another client to try, the force recheck works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with your statement, but not relevant to this topic.

I have issues with force recheck on certain torrents as well using latest stable. When I use utorrent 2.2.1 as another client to try, the force recheck works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until your ISP tells you the DMCA and will terminate your internet then what you going to do? Use no Internet? I doubt that. It's certainly relevant when your torrenting Copyright Protected program and by doing so will get you flagged by your ISP for Internet Termination. And if they are your only ISP provider there - you will think really long and short and stop doing torrenting so pretty quickly.

Archived