UDP port 6771 (Incoming) ???

Press start

Hello there. I'm trying to figure something out. Every time I restart my PC and run Utorrent, I get a Norton Internet Security box appear.

It takes the following format:

Program Alert

A remote system is attempting to access uTorrent on your computer

Program Utorrent.exe

Path C:\Program Files\uTorrent

Remote Address 192.168. * . * : 6771

Local Address 239.192.152.143 : 6771

Protocol UDP (Inbound)

What do you want to do?

Allow Always (Recommended)

This message appears everytime I start uTorrent. I've already set outgoing and incoming rules for the program in utorrent. I allow all TCP and UDP traffic out on all ports, and I only allow TCP and UDP inbound on utorrents specific incoming port, which is 37503 in my case.

So why do I keep getting this message? What is it for? Is it safe to allow it? I know of Trojans using that port number and something called Deep Throat in particular. I'd appreciate any and all advice. Thanks.

Can I ask how exactly does LPD work then? It's obviously already come through my routers firewall, hence the message box from Norton. So, If I allow it, I'm supposing that it will make it's way out of my router again, yes? I mean, if it didn't, then what would be the point?

• 7 months later...

Excuse me but I'm french and these posts are sometimes difficult for me

The conclusion is that it is not interesting to worry about supposed attackers spys or what..

it is quite sure we will not have more information about their identity

but in this case I prefer to block all UDP attempts

Ok thanks I did not correctly understand your 2008-03-25 09:00:00 post

I believed that this explaination was excluded and it is the contrary

I'm sorry

"so no it won't make it out of your router" sense stay mysterious for me :) what does it mean ? that LPD does not work with his routeur ?

Archived