Problem with my downloaded file of uTorrent

JohnDazel

I just tried downloading uTorrent today for the first time and I got a strange blank file called download 1. I expected an exe file but instead I got a file with no real name or file type. What I want to know is if this is some kind of mess up or is there something I am missing here?

1 hour ago, JohnDazel said:

I just tried downloading uTorrent today for the first time and I got a strange blank file called download 1. I expected an exe file but instead I got a file with no real name or file type. What I want to know is if this is some kind of mess up or is there something I am missing here?

Where did you download from? (Try the official Stable or Beta uTorrent links in my signature).

If the files are misnamed, what browser did you use to download...? (Firefox and Chrome both download a file called uTorrent.exe).

On 3/26/2016 at 11:14 AM, JohnDazel said:

Your browser problem or the site where you got the torrent has problems.

Okay, first let me clear up the misunderstanding so that people here don't continue thinking that I don't know how to Torrent files. I was not asking for help with downloading a Torrent or having a problem with one. I was actually trying out the uTorrent Client since there seems to be more supporting information on the net for it then my current Client that I use. The problem occurred when I tried to download the client and for some reason it was not downloading the EXE file correctly and I didn't know if it was on my end or what. I have to admit that I hadn't thought of trying to download it through another browser and see if it was a browser issue until someone suggested it here. When I did this, I found that it indeed worked and I also found out later when I tried to download another EXE file with the bad browser, it too did the same thing as the uTorrent file did. 

Now with the program finally downloaded and on my computer, I quickly found out that I hated it compared to my Client I have been using. Yes there is less support out there for it, but at least I don't have to listen to the clicking noise of the constant changing ads on it every 5 seconds. Which by the way were pretty loud since my computer is connected to my surround sound system and LED TV in my living room. I know I could pay for an ad free version but why should I when I can use Bitcomet which doesn't have all that annoying stuff and doesn't cost me a penny!

Archived