Missing: Append the torrent's label to the directory name

ScytheNoire

1 hour ago, rafi said:

I heard that before, and could never make it work...Step-by-step instructions can help here :)

Rafi so are you just in agreement that the feature is broken or what?

Will a dev/admin please address this issue? Perhaps I should make a new thread specifically about "auto move download feature does not work regardless of any settings used".. ?

6 hours ago, zone117x said:

8 hours ago, rafi said:

I heard that before, and could never make it work...Step-by-step instructions can help here :)

Rafi so are you just in agreement that the feature is broken or what

As you can see above, some people say mapping is working, so no idea if it is broken or just difficult to use. May be someone will be so kind and teach us how to use it... And I mean - w/o using any remote UI!

The point int old version was, that you just need to check one option, to make system works. And every label, you gave to a torrent transformed into the path to save torrent. I use it on HTPC to download TV Series and sort them to folders. For example I watch "Walking dead". Torrent save all files to D:\Movies, by default. So I have label TV Series\Walking dead\Season 9. I download it via RSS, so I give this label to all torrents, that matches the rule for RSS download and the client do this in auto mode. So finally I've got a new episode in the needed folder.

So now, please, tell me, how to do that with new system? I download over 10 different TV Series, for every of them I have its own label.

2 hours ago, P1zdat1y said:

The point int old version was, that you just need to check one option, to make system works. And every label, you gave to a torrent transformed into the path to save torrent. I use it on HTPC to download TV Series and sort them to folders. For example I watch "Walking dead". Torrent save all files to D:\Movies, by default. So I have label TV Series\Walking dead\Season 9. I download it via RSS, so I give this label to all torrents, that matches the rule for RSS download and the client do this in auto mode. So finally I've got a new episode in the needed folder.

So now, please, tell me, how to do that with new system? I download over 10 different TV Series, for every of them I have its own label.

Can you first tell us if you were able to get just simple folder-label moving working with automated downloads and the new settings?

Example: "TV show" labels put download in D:\Shows, and "Movie" labels put downloads in D:\Movies

??

50 minutes ago, zone117x said:

Can you first tell us if you were able to get just simple folder-label moving working with automated downloads and the new settings?

Example: "TV show" labels put download in D:\Shows, and "Movie" labels put downloads in D:\Movies

??

I tried to make torrent move files to folders with new system, but I couldn't. I don't understand it at all. I gave labels, but torrent just downloaded files to default folder.

4 hours ago, P1zdat1y said:

I tried to make torrent move files to folders with new system, but I couldn't. I don't understand it at all. I gave labels, but torrent just downloaded files to default folder.

Gotcha. Well good to get another confirmation that the setting is broken. 

uTorrent devs - please address this issue.. 

It works when I added an auto-label "filter". When the rule is triggered (string matches) you can see both label and path being changed in the "Add Torrent" dialog.

For example:

Auto label- Label: Suits  Contains: Suits

Label dir mapping- Label: Suits Dir: c:\bittorrent\suits

but... I guess this is not the usage most people want.

2 hours ago, rafi said:

For example:

So could someone make a manual with screenshots, how to use it? Because I still cant understand, how to get it work.

1 hour ago, P1zdat1y said:
4 hours ago, rafi said:

For example:

So could someone make a manual with screenshots, how to use it? Because I still cant understand, how to get it work.

This was it (the manual...). Honestly, IMHO, all of that  is too complicated for a simple add-label-to-path use-case...

I believe you are missing the point of how to use it (as I said, poor UI design...):

1. The feature do NOT move anything after downloading. It pre-set the folder name BEFORE the download.

2. Sadly, it seems to work only when you use the "Add Torrent" dialog.

Here is a clip showing you how:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fLVXA8Va91LXZhS1NiVXVzVEk/view?usp=sharing

I agree, it's not how we all want it to be...

50 minutes ago, rafi said:

1. The feature do NOT move anything after downloading. It pre-set the folder name BEFORE the download.

Besides it must contain key word in its name. Well the new function its like they take away a folk but gave you a glass.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DreadWingKnight said:

Congratulations, you are now exposed to remote code execution security holes.

You're an admin here, does that mean you're a dev or an employee here?

Because if so I can't believe that's your response to this issue. How about fixing the glaring bug in the "new and improved" folder system? After seeing the response to this problem after all this time, it's clear the uTorrent is a mix of adware and abandonware. I regret paying the software. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived