Icon showing not connectable when connected.

magnus33

1.6 seems to have a glitch which causes the icon to show not connectable when one is already connected.

Router is set correctly speeds presently over 400/kbs with both seeds and peers and log showing set port is mapped correctly like it should be.

Not the most major bug in the world as speeds are unaffected but this can cause some people to get the wrong idea of whats happening to there setup.

Thanks for the quick response alas it was to the wrong thing...lol. (my fault not enough info)

Its not yellow its red with are favorite exclamation in a nice white colour.

(a firewall/router is limiting your network traffic and you need to open a port so others can conect to you).

After having a chance to do alittle reading it most likely realted the the upnp issues that happening to others.

Of course i already set my router to a port of my choice and my speeds are more then fine so it has no real effect on me other then giving the wrong info.

lol.

Understandable but i work for ibm and have been doing this for the last 25 plus years so if i don't know how to do that by now iam in trouble.

Not to mention i already said what my speeds where like and its rather hard to get 400kb/s and have the wrong port.

This is a issue with the program and not my port forwarding skills.

The programs port checker says its not open yet the log says it already mapped and the speeds say the log is correct.

Ergo there is a program bug made all the more plain when every other method of checking that port reports it open like it should be.

Great program minor bug.

Ps.. since this apears to be upnp all post it in the thread for it.

pps.. looking under my routers upnp utorrent shows up just like it should.

It's not a bug. Connectable means you can take incoming connections. If it's red, it means you're firewalled, and are not taking incoming connections. That does NOT prevent you from making outgoing connections. You're getting lucky with your speeds, because you made outgoing connections to fast peers. Run the port checker, I can almost guarantee you that it'll tell you that you did not forward your ports correctly.

UPnP can say your router's mapped ports correctly, but if there's another firewall in the loop it's not enough to unmask the port µTorrent is using so others can connect to you.

Your ISP could even be firewalling most incoming ports to your computer. Then it would be nothing wrong with your computer/router/modem at all, but you'd still be firewalled.

Archived