3.5.x Beta

TylerW

1 hour ago, Ryrynz said:

Still having uTorrent randomly freeze and die for some reason and can't be connected to.

3.5+ - utorrent randomly freeze after try to open rss (Open URL in Browser)

Edited by raddyst

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 9:04 AM, joshace said:

it seems that Qbittorrent is now the most used torrent client by far, while Utorrent seems to have vanished.  I still use utorrent, but I use version 3.5.5 build 46606 which is the last 3.5x before they went to the disastrous 3.6x

Adware is an example of violating the scene rules. Then again the scene is not exactly happy with torrents but endures as IRC etc fade out.

Edited by Anoid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I noticed this issue [fails to login to DHT when there are no torrent jobs at all] for the past month or so, and I run 3.5.5.  It seems to me that uT throws away the dht_resume  info and then can't reach the "standard" boot nodes to get the rebuild process going.  If there are jobs it boots into DHT right away, no prob.    I assume [yeah...] this issue has only shown itself lately because the boot nodes have always been there until recently.

Anyway, it does eventually boot up ok after adding a torrent job that has trackers and you reach the first peer.

4 hours ago, javacatpaul said:

I assume [yeah...] this issue has only shown itself lately because the boot nodes have always been there until recently.

router.utorrent.com has not responds to ping for a long time.

4 hours ago, javacatpaul said:

Anyway, it does eventually boot up ok after adding a torrent job that has trackers and you reach the first peer.

You need torrents with public trackers for that.

I don't know which version this stopped working, or maybe it is my settings got screwed up.

It USED to be that if I downloaded a torrent titled

Disney.torrent

and that torrent contained the files 

Mickey.mp4

Donald.jpg

and my download directory was set to c:\downloads   the result on my computer would be

c:\downloads\Disney\mickey.mp4   and   c:\downloads\Disney\donald.jpg

but now I get these results

c:\downloads\mickey.mp4 and c:\downloads\donald.jpg

Why is it not creating the Disney subdirectory?  

It is very annoying because now all my files wind up in the C:\downloads directory instead of their subdirectories