I see a bunch of peers with almost complete file, but download doesn't proceed

Tlussa_x

Hi.

I have utorrent 3.4.9 64 bit (build 43085) installed. Usually no problems with downloads at all. But I have this one particular share I added with magnet link, which doesn't proceed at all for more than a month already. All this time I regularly observe 1 to 4 peers with 99.5% of it on peers tab. It seems very probable to me that those peers were able to exchange between them, because of the fact they all have 99.5% of it now, and because before I remember seeing some peers with lesser percentage on that tab, which were increasing over time. I also don't have any issues with downloading other shares added by magnet links.

I've also tried to check whether ports those peers seems to advertise are open to me - and it appears they are open. I've gathered all other mentionings of this share I could find and imported trackers from them - didn't help.

My client shows versions of those peers as 3.3.3, 3.4.5, 3.4.7 etc. So they are relatively recent.

What is the reason of this? Can it be because they are members of some private closed tracker? I'm not sure whether it's possible to control which peers can download a file from you by which trackers they are using. If I see them in the list, I should be able to get the file from them anyway, right?

Update:

Just want to emphasize that it doesn't seem to be widespread "Stuck in Connecting to Peers state"  issue. Status of this torrent is always "Downloading", but progress stuck at 0.0%

mike20021969,

Correct, that was my mistake. My OS is 64bit, though.

In the end, I tried another torrent client, and it was able to download this torrent right away. Yes, it only downloaded 99,5% of the share, of course, but in this case it was enough (it was a movie file) for me to use it. Still, something is not right with utorrent, it seems, as it never was able to even start dowloading it (it forever stayed in "Downloading" state and showed 0.0% of progress, while there were 2-3 peers with 99.5% of the file available almost all the time)

1 hour ago, Tlussa_x said:

something is not right with utorrent, it seems, as it never was able to even start dowloading it (it forever stayed in "Downloading" state and showed 0.0% of progress, while there were 2-3 peers with 99.5% of the file available almost all the time)

Can you private message me the Magnet link? (Right-click on the torrent>Copy Magnet URI, then right-click>paste).

I'd like to try.

On 4/10/2017 at 10:54 AM, Tlussa_x said:

mike20021969,

Correct, that was my mistake. My OS is 64bit, though.

In the end, I tried another torrent client, and it was able to download this torrent right away. Yes, it only downloaded 99,5% of the share, of course, but in this case it was enough (it was a movie file) for me to use it. Still, something is not right with utorrent, it seems, as it never was able to even start dowloading it (it forever stayed in "Downloading" state and showed 0.0% of progress, while there were 2-3 peers with 99.5% of the file available almost all the time)

Problem here as peers gets smaller and smaller they are also most likely waiting for the same files as you from the originator and since the source is no longer there you won't get it finished until they seed it again. So you should go for another torrent that has more peers to insure you get a download not waiting as it will never finish.

Archived