Name of uTorrent Help File

vze2mp9g

Hello,

Every time I update to a new version of uTorrent, I am unable to get the help file to come up either using the F1 key or Help/uTorrent Help Menu. Can anyone tell me the correct name to name the uTorrent Help file? I am currently using uTorrent 3.50,43784 and the name of the help file is  utorrent-350-43784. Here is my log file:

[2017-05-12 22:33:11] Help file not found in settings directory, attempting to download
[2017-05-12 22:33:11] Could not download help file. Error: HTTP Error 400

Thank you in advance.

This is what happens here...

With no .chm file or utorrent-help.zip present in uTorrent's data folder, in µTorrent I press Help>µTorrent Help.

The 2 files above are then/should be created automatically & µTorrent Help should open. The .chm file will contain the version/build number of µTorrent that you're using - e.g. utorrent-350-43804.chm - but the manual is for 3.3.2 (see below).

Once those 2 files are created/present, simply pressing the F1 key should then open µTorrent Help (as does Help>µTorrent Help).

BTW, the help file created is almost 4 years old.

Details: µTorrent User Manual v3.3.2 ( Last updated on: 17-August-2013, by: Rafi )

On 5/12/2017 at 9:53 PM, vze2mp9g said:

Hello,

Every time I update to a new version of uTorrent, I am unable to get the help file to come up either using the F1 key or Help/uTorrent Help Menu. Can anyone tell me the correct name to name the uTorrent Help file? I am currently using uTorrent 3.50,43784 and the name of the help file is  utorrent-350-43784. Here is my log file:

[2017-05-12 22:33:11] Help file not found in settings directory, attempting to download
[2017-05-12 22:33:11] Could not download help file. Error: HTTP Error 400

Thank you in advance.

How do we help when no on here knows from the site you got the torrent or what the name was? Regardless of what version utorrent you used if no one knows where it came from how would you see others knowing that kinda file it was?

2 hours ago, PiusX said:

How do we help when no on here knows from the site you got the torrent or what the name was? Regardless of what version utorrent you used if no one knows where it came from how would you see others knowing that kinda file it was?

Torrent? What on earth are you talking about??

On 5/14/2017 at 0:04 PM, mike20021969 said:

Torrent? What on earth are you talking about??

Okay, I figured it out. I was upgrading uTorrent 3.49 to 3.50. I had to rename the help file from utorrent-349.chm to utorrent-350.chm. I hope others will find this useful, even though the help file hasn't been updated since v3.3.2 ( Last updated on: 17-August-2013, by: Rafi ).

It would be nice if someone or a group of people who could update the help file. This would be nice because it should ease up on all the questions in this uTorrent forum.

Archived