"Remove and delete torrent" doesn't work

Anne172

The menu command "Remove" => "and delete torrent" does not remove the .torrent file.
It would be great if this can be fixed soon.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select a torrent in the list
2. Right click on it
3. Select "Remove"
4. Select "and remove torrent"

The torrent is removed from the list but the torrent (.torrent) file is not removed.

The bug exists since ages but I didn't had the time to report it.

Thanks,
Anne

1 hour ago, Anne172 said:

4. Select "and remove torrent"

That option does not exist.

These are the choices you can pick from:

Remove simply removes .torrent from uTorrent's interface.

Remove And "Delete .torrent", "Delete .torrent + Data" and "Delete Data".

Either way, all the remove method/options are working (for me) in the latest stable.

I expect the following behavior:

Remove: Removes the torrent from the list
Remove and delete .torrent: Remove the torrent from the list and remove the associated .torrent file
Remove and delete .torrent + data: Remove the torrent from the list, remove the associated .torrent file and the data
Remove and delete data: Remove the torrent from the list and remove the data

I use the Beta 3.5.1.44321 and the .torrent file (in C:\Users\xxx\Downloads) will not be deleted if I select the option "Remove and delete .torrent".

When you are adding torrent, .torrent file will be copied in to the C:\Users\_username_\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent folder.

When you are deleting torrent using "Remove and delete .torrent", .torrent file in the Roaming folder will be deleted. Original .torrent file will not be affected.

So, if for instance you are adding torrent by clicking at .torrent on your desktop, do not expect that .torrent to be deleted by "Remove and delete .torrent" - only copy of that file in the Roaming directory will be deleted.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Anne172 said:

I use the Beta 3.5.1.44321 and the .torrent file (in C:\Users\xxx\Downloads) will not be deleted if I select the option "Remove and delete .torrent".

My "Location of Download Files" and "Location of .torrents" are set for the same folder.

For me, the behaviours for Remove and/or Remove And work as expected.

(Using either Stable 3.5.1.44332 or Beta 3.5.1.44321).

OK, got it - I don't set a location for the .torrent files in the preferences - so "Remove and delete .torrent" does not work as expected because it deletes only a "temporary" .torrent file in the roaming profile. Now I set the location to my Downloads folder and the .torrent file disappeared after "Remove and delete .torrent".

Not really intuitive - but ok...

Archived