A huge drop in the download speed, suddenly.

sams18

I've been using utorrent for well over 3 years and for the past week and change, I started noticing a dramatic drop in the download speed. My download speed has usually always averaged at 600Kb/ps to 1Mb/ps and now it barely goes over 30Kb/ps.  I don't think the issue lies in the seeds/peers, because I have tried to download files with a fair amount of seeds and peers and the speed still doesn't increase. Also, I should mention that in the beginning while this started happening, the downloads usually started at a good speed (at least, for me) of 1Mb/ps but then soon  fell down. Now the downloads usually begins at a low speed and keeps at that. There's also an off chance of the download speed randomly increasing for a few minutes before quickly going down again. 

I've gone through several guides and also went through the speed issue guides on here but after changing and messing with my settings for a while, nothing changed. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled utorrent quite a few times, and also tried to download other torrent clients to check if the problem still persists, and it does.

Also, if it matters, you can probably see the yellow triangle/icon on the bottom right and I wonder if it relates? I'm sorry if I come across as kind of uneducated about all of this, because I am. If anyone could help me figure this out, it'd be a huge help. 

Screenshot (62).png

2 hours ago, sams18 said:

I've gone through several guides and also went through the speed issue guides on here but after changing and messing with my settings for a while, nothing changed. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled utorrent quite a few times, and also tried to download other torrent clients to check if the problem still persists, and it does.

Then the problem is either your internet connection or the torrents you're testing with.

Do torrents from http://www.slackware.com/getslack/torrents.php work?

25 minutes ago, sams18 said:

Yes, they do. I tried to download the torrent and it was downloading at the usual speed I got before the speed drop. 

Then you got ISP throttle problems. At this point either you plead your case with them or stop using utorrent all together.

2 minutes ago, PiusX said:

Then you got ISP throttle problems. At this point either you plead your case with them or stop using utorrent all together.

Well, that is just amazing. 

But, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived