BitTorrent Antivirus tried to access the hard disk

Bacc

I have uTorrent Pro (mostly because I want to support development and receive support). It comes with antivirus, but I do not want it. I disabled antivirus in settings permanently.

image.png.87e4a8ffd0e0173ad846a2f36f8e5d0d.png

Nevertheless, every day, I see notifications from Microsoft Defender that BitTorrent Antivirus tried to mess with my hard drive. (I will post screenshot in the next post. The forum won't allow me to attach multiple screenshots at once.)

This is completely unexpected. Even when built-in antivirus enabled (by default) I would expect it to only check the downloaded torrents, not the raw hard drive. But when disabled, it should not be doing anything.

If there are any other methods I can use to disable the built-in uTorrent Antivirus please let me know.

You need to disable one or both to verify what is causing the problem. Defender is free so you should use that first and disable the other one. As I said having two A/V will not work correctly. And you need to choose what you will do next. If utorrent is installing it's own A/V then disable and uninstall it - it should have a option for you to remove it and just use Defender first.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:37 AM, PiusX said:

You need to disable one or both to verify what is causing the problem. Defender is free so you should use that first and disable the other one. As I said having two A/V will not work correctly. And you need to choose what you will do next. If utorrent is installing it's own A/V then disable and uninstall it - it should have a option for you to remove it and just use Defender first.

If you take a look at my very first post in this thread, that's exactly what I did. I disabled BitTorrent Antivirus. I did it very long ago and never enabled it. This is why I'm so surprised it's still trying to do anything.

Archived