Labels

robojo

I've been looking for a good way to keep track of which downloads I've backed up already, so I don't delete a download when it's done seeding without already having it backed up somewhere else. One possible way would be to apply a 'label' to the row of that item. I envision a 'Label' menu that users can customize with labels of any name they choose. You choose an item in your list, and then choose the label you want to apply. Their could then be a column called 'Label' that displays the label that was applied, and users could sort by this column.

The label menu could look like this:

Label_1

Label_2

Label_3

Remove Label

Edit Labels...

Choosing 'Edit Labels' would give you a window where you could add or delete labels from the list. 'Remove Label' would remove the label from any items that are selected. 'Label_1' would apply 'Label_1' to the selected items.

Would this be useful to anyone else? I'm sure their are tons of ways that this could be used, how might you use it?

An alternate interface could be to right click on an item, and have 'Label' in the list which could expand to show the label options. If a 'Label' menu was undesirable, the labels could be edited in the preferences instead, and the right click menu could be the only interface for applying and removing them. This would have minimal effect on the UI for those that don't use the feature.

On the back end, it seems the only added process that would be required would be to store the names of the custom labels, and to store an extra attribute about each torrent (perhaps in the same way that the 'status' or 'Completed' attributes are stored).

Rest assured, the UI is practically unchanged. Just a new (optional) column and a new submenu in the torrent list context menu (menu also available directly from the label column too!).

Nice idea with labels (like Gmail) but I would like to be able to show only torrents that have specific label in the torrent list, like for example search button as it's now, when you click on the button you get list off labels and when you click on one only torrents labeled with that word will be visible in list, some kind off filter... I hope you understand what I want to say ;)...

Is it posible to to this???

Like this:

29804252522.png

Thanks

Rest assured, the UI is practically unchanged. Just a new (optional) column and a new submenu in the torrent list context menu (menu also available directly from the label column too!).

Nice idea with labels (like Gmail) but I would like to be able to show only torrents that have specific label in the torrent list, like for example search button as it's now, when you click on the button you get list off labels and when you click on one only torrents labeled with that word will be visible in list, some kind off filter... I hope you understand what I want to say ;)...

Is it posible to to this???

Like this:

29804252522.png

Thanks

Yeah, that looks nice.

• 3 weeks later...

No I mean that if I typed a label as "demonoid" and want to add capitalization I would have to create a completely new label instead of just editing the existing one, thus doubling the amount of labels I have. That's toally useless IMO...

Archived