Im accidently recruiting new uTorrent users.... :D

jroc

Just going to other torrent sites I use and posting my experiences with uTorrent, I 've had 3-4 ppl per site switch. Although some were using Azureus (BOO!!), so the switch wasnt hard. :lol: And most ppl say they keep it as a backup client. I cant believe I used to praise Azureus so much......

But ppl had different experiences with it. Like one dude said he couldnt get connectable using uTorrent, but was still connectable using BitComet.

For me it took about 5-15 minutes of configuring to get connectable using uTorrent. And im behind a router. Go figure.

yea i have same problem, im not connectable with utorrent so if i use bitcomet i suddenly am. i use the same port on both and no i dotn use clients at same time...lol i am behind a router and use port forwarding but the uPnP thing causes me to not be connectable...idk, i also used bitspirit, bitlord, and azureus and was connectable through those also.

Its strange cuz I just switched from Azureus to uTorrent. Got connectable right away. Does ur firewall detect it trying to access the net? Another thing is some clients have a built in way around the SP2 tcp issue. If u got SP2, that could be it. (assuming ur on Winblows) I might post the SP2 workaround if I read that more ppl cant get connectable.

Well, Azureus aside from it's huge memory and cpu hogging code, is a very good program, utorrent just improves upon this by being even better, but before utorrent, AZ was the best client IMO.

(but I was forced to use another client since I wanted to do other things with my comp than "just" download via BT)

Its similar (might be from the same folks.) Their first attempt at it was only to 50. Then they revised it so U could change the number from anywhere between 8-10 to 16 million. Some folks say 50 is cool, others say they got it on 1000. I guess it depends on what U want and what ur PC and connection can handle.

well I switched from BitTornade, which I'd still be using if it wasn't for the bug where it doesn't always actualy exit when you close it. I'm generally not a big fan of all-in-one interfaces, I think torrents are supposed to be separated. But after trying µTorrent that changed a bit. I'd never use Azureus (never have for more than 10 minutes) or go back to BitTornado, since I have all I need in this client, with the added comfort of not using a few hundreg megs of memory :rolleyes:

Also BitTornado is imho poorly maintained, it often takes months for a new version or even a minor bugfix. I know it's also maintained by people for free in their spare time but still...

bye

Creat

Azureus really is a great client, just needs to be Jenny Craigged is all, I mean if you are using it that will be ALL you are using after a while. It tends to take over your box. I loved it until I realized I could get my box back LOLOL

Ditto

yea i have same problem, im not connectable with utorrent so if i use bitcomet i suddenly am.

If you're connectable with one client, you're connectable with all, you simply have to finagle it.

This client simply does what all the others do with much less footprint.

what exaclty do i need to "finagle"?

LOL once they try it, thats all they need. Nice to get your box back. I talked to a coworker today who is an AZ user ( yes I turned him onto it) and he was complaining about not being about to do anything, he has been dling something for a day or so, I just laughed and said you shoulda listened and grabbed uT when I asked ya to LOL he is gonna try it out whenever he gets his box back :P

Archived