inf ratio

Borisz

Hi

i heard that the ratio on trackersite,s ar not working correctly is that treu?

they even ban utorrent for this.

Its a good program using it now but want to now if its treu

No, it's not true. With earlier versions there were some errors, but since version 1.1.6.1 or so, everything is reported as it should. :)

Nu is er geen enkel probleem, Madam. ;)

I know its mathematically correct but on torrents with 0 download, inf should be the default ratio, or at least it is on many clients.

Besides, what should the site ratios display then if they would count it that way? upload: 100 mb, download: 0 mb, ratio: 100.000 ? That would most definetaly be wrong.

They changed it to start at 0.000 ratio, since it's a much more useful display than inf. It's only a visual change, it has nothing to do with what's reported on the tracker. The point of it is for, say, when you seed a torrent and need to know how many times you've uploaded the file (1.5, 6, etc)

And the ratio is based off the torrent size. So 100mb uploaded, 0 downloaded, on a 50mb torrent would display a ratio of 2.000

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm getting this right, µtorrent assumes for completed files that you have already downloaded a file once (even if you created it), so the file size becomes the divisor: ratio := uploaded / filesize, instead of uploaded / downloaded.

upload: 100 mb, download: 0 mb, ratio: 100.000 ? That would most definetaly be wrong.

Definitely. 100 / 0 = infinity, or undefined.

When you have not downloaded anything from the torrent, just seeded, the ratio is calculated (read: displayed) as Uploaded / Size instead of Uploaded / Downloaded.

There is nothing diff. in the way its reported to the tracker, just the way its displayed. I think its useful information :]

Archived