Three cheers

bane

You know vurlix and ludvig and whomever else put this program together should be pretty damn proud of what is happening after just a couple builds. You guys forget about Azureus 2008, and now they are up to 2304. Its like the guys crumming all over Vista beta 5048, 5219, becausee its not better then XP yet. Yea right now the speeds will be inconsistent and connectons a little shaky, but nomatter if people keep running utorrent or switch back to their previous bloated torrent gatekeepers, its a hell of a new concept in p2p in my opinion. Think about what is happening here guys. This thing is only 82kb and fully loaded, without the bells and whistles.

This is a revolution. I saw it when I first read the TinyApps post.

It's just too amazing for me to think that this entire client is smaller than some .torrent files! This could very well be the start of a new type of distro for BT clients: with the torrent? over IM? Think about this: µTorrent could be set to auto-update whenever there's even the smallest change to the client and it could be distributed without harming any sort of transfer in progress... 82k? people have larger sized images for their signatures on forums!

• 2 weeks later...
... its a hell of a new concept in p2p in my opinion. Think about what is happening here guys. This thing is only 82kb and fully loaded, without the bells and whistles.

I kinda like to think that what they're doing is going back to an old concept.

The legacy people like me can still remember being able to do some pretty awesome programming in only a 64k environment... or even 16k... or even 4k for that matter.

These days we have to get faster and larger environment computers all the time. Not so much because the applications really need all of the extra space, but necause they need to accomodate all of the excess bloat in all of those applications, including the OS.

Legacy programming was compact, because it had to be. There is no reason why people still can't make efficient code today, most just choose not to.

These guys are doing an excellent job of what can be done when someone just puts their mind to writing good, efficient, code, instead of just being content with getting the damn thing to work so we can get it sold.

Kudos.

-- Smoovious

Im gonna use this client now with an open mind.

But if my hardisk dies, im so gonna kill someone :lol:

Isnt that what pre-allocating disk space (and usual defragmenting by the user) are for? What makes Azureus easier on your HD?

I have to agree with others. This app is great and ever since I had seen a referral post to utorrent @ phoenixlabs, I have been using it. Havent even thought once about going back to the bloated blue frog.

All we need to do now is spread the word to all those that havent heard of this fine app.

Great job guys, ive finnally found what i was looking for, a program that works well and little resources. Now i just need to figure out how to make some cool buttons for it. :twisted:

Ive tried them all, thought ABC was good, but its been frigging up a lot lately. Azeurus is good, but way too many features for its own good, and just try and install a plugin and make it work. Good luck.

Again thanks for the proggy, and ill pass the good news on to other power users.

Thanks.

the only thing you can blame on a HD failing is the manufacturer, and they're all susecptible to failure.

Haha ok. I guess u dont know wat im talking abt. Its ok.

the only thing you can blame on a HD failing is the manufacturer, and they're all susecptible to failure.

what's not to understand? You're saying that the way utorrent handles pre-allocating disk space, etc that it might somehow affect your HD and cause it to fail, which is stupid.

what's not to understand? You're saying that the way utorrent handles pre-allocating disk space, etc that it might somehow affect your HD and cause it to fail, which is stupid.

Do u know wat is disk cache? I love this client but im just being careful.

Yes people say blah blah abt the hardisk having their internal disk cache but do u think they were designed for the bittorent traffic? U dont know the magnitude and the stress the hardisks go tru with the amount of pieces coming in the immense traffic.

Yes vurlix has said a "simple" disk cache has been done. All i said was these kinda of precautions shdnt be laxed just to make the client smaller.

U dont have to jump on my ass. Its my opinion. U have ur own. So be it.

Its like the developers are gods and they can never be wrong. If hardisk fails, blame the hardisk but oh no never think it might , read might, be the client.

Im all for this client being the best client but there is no harm being alittle more neutral and not jumping up and defending the client everytime something is said against it

Well, I made another thread a few minutes ago, but I have to say I agree with the original post made in this one.

I've been a long term Az user, and I have to say I was simply blown away in my few hours of testing UT today. I've given it a few nasty tests, and it seems to have handled everything without causing my poor old CPU any problems whatsoever.

I have to say that I am definitely going to us UT as my power downloader when I have a large bulk of "things" to do in a short space of time. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but then again it also does the Up/Down job much better without any system strain - which is after all why we d/l P2P programs in the first place, isn't it ?

Archived