spaces in file name

jibba

i understand that URLs and torrent names shouldn't have spaces in them, but people put spaces in them. and a spaces isn't the only charcter that has made µTorrent fussy. but it'd be nice if users didn't have to do this extra rigmarole that'd that wouldn't have to do with other programs just because someone else didn't name a torrent right

That's the same thinking that lead Internet Explorer into the deep shit they're in...trying to parse malformed (X)HTML/CSS/URL's is wrong, and so is this. :( Encouraging people to create and submit crappy torrent names is not going to solve the problem. If people can't even make a damn torrent with their correct name and formatting, then perhaps they should find new hobbies... :mad:

i understand where you are coming from - but maybe if µTorrent opens a URL with a bad name it just saves it without the spaces. i mean µTorrent users shouldn't be punished for what other people do.

has the decision been made that this is just how its going to be? that malformed URLs are just so "wrong" that users have to jump through hoops to fix somebody elses poor habits?

it's just very frusrating. i agree that people shouldn't be naming stuff like that. but they do. most of the places i get torrents from allow people to and not just public ones but my private ones i use alot. i really like µTorrent and want to contine using it, hoping that you will help your users not have to deal with other peoples stupidity. if you don't, its cool - its your program. i'll enventualy probably find one thats as good as µTorrent without this drawback. but i'm just one user - and it's your program.

HOYL CRAP! i just figured it out.

when i swtich my default program to uTorrent i just went into my fily type options and switched the program, etc.

but i didn't hit that button in uTorrnet options that made in default program. not sure why it happened that way but my love for uTorrent just cubed.

thanks

Archived