search engine

the_real_catflap

contacting them - the real blocklist managers associated with sourceforge and the official PG2 - is the best way to get it removed. they may not be aware if it's included in a string of blocked IP addresses. it's not going to go away on its own. i say "the real" ones because there was a problem last year when some staff of PG2 absconded with the blocklists and messed them up. subsequently, the real owners created reliable blocklists and the old ones should never be used.

it also blocks utorrent forum pages, and perhaps the homepages as well.

did i say it was a problem with utorrent? no, i didn't.

i said it's a problem with PG2 blocklists and that they should be made aware of it and be requested to rectify the problem. they do look into these things and they do fix these things - but only when they are made aware of it by admins of affected websites.

@the_real_catflap: we advise people to uninstall PG2 to solve the problem. PG2 doesn't nearly offer the protection people think it does. It won't stop those infringement notices, it won't make illegal downloading safe and if a torrent is seriously poisoned it is still undownloadable even if PG2 was able to block the poisoners before µtorrent does it itself (due to hash-check fails). Instead you get problems visiting certain websites and complications like the one you described.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer_Guardian Read the criticism part for example.

Archived