Running a program upon completion

nottanner

Hi,

If I were to right click on a torrent and go to properties, there is an advanced tab that gives me the option to run a program after completion. I was wondering if anyone could help me understand this function a little more.

I have read the FAQ and they don't seem to touch on this part of utorrent, and I'm also aware that this forum doesn't deal with post-download issues, which is why I'm simply asking for either a link to read more information on this part of utorrent or an explanation of what exactly this does or can do. I'd be willing to ask more specific questions if prompted, but I won't want to break the forum rules.

Thanks

1.Torrent completes

2. Program runs

What part of it does you not understand?

You might be wondering what the meaning is.

If Program = Antivirus

then

3. scan torrent

If Program = script

then

3. run script

et cetera

Ok you clearly have no clue what I'm asking. I'm not an idiot, and I know how to run a program.

I want to extract files after they're downloaded automatically. I select the .exe of winrar to run in the advanced properties of the torrent and nothing happens upon completion.

I want to know how to make it run this program, if there is a certain syntax I must put in, and furthermore I would like to know if it's possible to get winrar to extract the files without my having to do it manually.

Is this inquisition a bit more understandable?

"C:\Program Files\Winrar\unrar.exe" x -r %D\*.rar D:\extracted

(untested)

x will extract will full path

-r will search for subdirectories (recursive)

I also used this for a while, but it was so annyoing to manually apply this on each torrent, so I made SCRU.

• 7 months later...

"The realtime scanner of any good AV" better not do that in RW mode (which is what causes many of people's problems with "error: cannot access the file" messages) . . but yea, i think the function is nice as it is, it would be better if you could set a global setting (previously denied) and a per-label (bundled with the *hope* *hope* per-label options idea being tossed around) setting may eventually popup too. :D

Archived