Error: Element not found

ccruzMD

hi. good day. i am just wondering, how do i get rid this error?

i searched the forum and it only suggested to keep restating my torrent. but the problem is that i dont think i could restart torrent every minute?

if this could help. i was downloading housemd season3 and after i wrongly, uploaded a torrent (not the house i am downloading)

could you tell me what is the problem? what element is missing?

• 8 months later...

I'm getting the 'Element not found' error message on some torrents. Sometimes the error occurs immediately (0%) other times when the torrent had been downloading for a while (94%). I'm using 1.8 beta and as far as I can see my settings are correct, they are from different users and as I said some of the torrents download without problems. I am using a network drive to store the downloaded files if that makes a difference (FAT32). HELP. Please. Zac

• 8 months later...

"This is generally caused by having bt.compact_allocation on. Please turn it off, this option is not fully working. Use diskio.sparse_files (NTFS only) instead if you want to save space while downloading."

Where do I find this to turn it off, please?

Many thanks for yr prompt response!

I found it, but only options I can see are "false" and "*true", not "off" and "on". I took a punt and changed bt.compact_allocation to "*true", & restarted (green button) torrent, but then got different msg -- "Error: Files missing from job. Please recheck."

I went back in, and changed diskio.sparse_files from false to *true, but still getting same error msg.

• 1 year later...

Archived