Idle Time for Torrents

ErstO

What do you mean by 'last leeched'? I've never heard of that term myself. Do you mean that it should record what was the last time there were more then 0 peers? Perhaps you should clarify your request quite a bit more. What data do you want to see? Where should it be displayed? How could it be configured?

For 'last leeched', he means what you said; last time a peer was online (and possibly when you were uploading to that peer..) This term is common on a lot of private trackers, just probably not on the ones you use :)

I propose that an ideal place to display this info would be near 'Peers' in the Transfer details section at the bottom of the main window. Perhaps some repositioning of other elements would be needed. I don't see any need for configuration of the option other than an on/off setting if people would have a major aversion to it (although I can't see why).

I don't really see the need for this. I think that implementing a full set of useful seeding rules would be more beneficial.

A few examples:

Ignore torrents that have 1 seed for every X peer

Ignore torrents with a peer/seed ratio of X or higher

Ignore torrents with X or more seeds

It is pretty rare that I am seeding a torrent that has more than a handful of peers and I am not uploading. I used to seed everything indefinitely, and it was pretty obvious when my seeding was no longer needed. Either there would be a very high peer/seed ratio or so few peers that even if I was the only seed, it was pointless to continue.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I would love this,

Today I can sort torrents after added date, but it would be great if could sort torrents (what i'm seeding) after last active time.

An alt. could be to set uploads to zero (when I could do that once a week to see wish torrents are active). I have a couple of hundreds torrents so to check them up at the tracker is not an option.

Archived