ban peers?

Vlisson

today i realized that there are guys out there who want to destrop torrents by making (i dont know how) 30 active clients and host 0,5% of the file you want

but its corrupt

so you always dl the corrupt files, never have the chance to get the good one because 30 "torrent user" with the same peer name (but instead of ip xxxxx1 then xxxx2 and so on)

can i ban this peers so my client can get the file from the "real" seeder?

Vlisson,

µTorrent would ban them by himself. If you never have the chance to get the good piece - there are no real seeders on this torrent.

http://utorrent.com/faq.php#Does_.C2.B5Torrent_automatically_ban_peers_after_a_certain_number_of_hashfails.3F

Does µTorrent automatically ban peers after a certain number of hashfails?

Yes, it does, after 5 hashfails. It will ban and kick the peer for the entire session.

Do you think so DreadWingKnight and slipstream? FAQ says ... after 5 hasfails ... .I have already one IP (151.64.161.77) with 16 hashfails and he (she) is still dl and ul yet. It' the first time with µTorrent and probbebly the last time, if µTorrent can't keep his promesses, it suks! Wow Delete this program!

Translation in dutch: aangezien ik Vlaaming ben,

Denk je dat echt DreadWingKnight en slipstream? FAQ zegt ... na 5 hashfouten... .Momenteel is er toch één IP (151.64.161.77) met 16 hashfouten die nog steeds ul en dl.Dit is de eerste keer en waarschijnlijk de laatste keer dat ik met µTorrent werk, als µTorrent zijn beloften niet kan nakomen betekent dit gewoonweg dat dit een klote programma is ! Maw verwijderen!

As far as I know, the ban changes occurred between v1.6 and v1.7 -- so only v1.7.2 (the latest) really has the improved ban options.

The old v1.6.1 was having its very ban behavior used against it, you might as well disable banning on poisoned torrents...or they may never finish downloading.

In any case, add hostile ip ranges to your ipfilter.dat file.

Archived