Blocking Unwanted Downloader

Kaz46

Hi Everyone,

I have today made my first torrent and I was alway brought up to say Please and Thank you, so I was very dismayed that My first torrent has 3 peers and only one of them has said Thank you. I wanted to block this person but I can't find anywhere to block them, is there a function in Utorrent 1.7.2 to do this or not, if not maybe someone should think about putting one on, there is no excuse for good manners and it costs nothing also being able to share isn't that what is all about:)

• 2 months later...
There will never be a right-click and ban function

First, would you please elaborate this answer? Why it will never be a right click manager to block/ban IPs?

Second, by this kind of answer you only give an impression that uT future will not be in advancing, going forward in develpment, but rather stay in current state and the only changes we'll see be the bug fixes...

IMHO, ability block/ban an IP is essential for a torrent client and do it manualy in 7 steps (open explorer window, find uT folder, find ipfilter.dat, open it in a text editor, paste the IP (hopefuly you did copy it before this step or have a good memory), save ipfilter.dat, reload ipfilter in uT) is simply rediculous.

by this kind of answer you only give an impression that uT future will not be in advancing

I never thought that right-click ban's inclusion (or lack thereof) would determine µTorrent's development pace.

do it manualy in 7 steps ... is simply rediculous.

If that's what it takes to deter people from abusing it, then so be it. The decision to ban a peer shouldn't be such a simple decision that's available at the flick of the finger just because one feels like it.

Instead of asking us to explain why not, try giving us some compelling reasons as to why it should be implemented (you won't find many, if any at all).

• 1 month later...
Instead of asking us to explain why not, try giving us some compelling reasons as to why it should be implemented (you won't find many, if any at all).

Ghost leechers on Private Tracker torrents?

I found this thread doing a search for this topic, for the reasons I have given...

What do you and/or the swarm gain by blocking ghost leechers? Vigilante tactics don't work as well as you might like to think; just because you block the ghost leecher doesn't mean he won't be around on other users' peer lists. That (in combination with the fact that once added, it'll be abused by the many more users that don't have legitimate reasons for manual banning) doesn't make for a very convincing argument.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=292437#p292437 My thoughts on the matter. If you don't want to read it that's understandable I tend to get long-winded on debates like this. However as Ultima suggests this isn't a debate. It is more or less logic vs. . . nothing except emotional users wanting an EASY solution instead of a thought-out solution.

Archived