uTorrent 1.2.2. Ratio Reporting Problem

cujo

Don't know if anybody else is encountering this, but I have lost close to 8GB in upload ratio reporting to the trackers. I accepted upgrade to 1.2.2 and just noticed the problem...this did not occur on the previous version.

It is not reporting my uploads or download stats properly to the trackers. This is happening on a couple of different torrent sites, so it points to the client. Have shut down and restarted client and problem persists.

It's a great client, cudos to the developer...I hope this can be fixed up.

thanx,

cujo

To the best of my knowledge, no, since the tracker is the one that ultimately keeps track of how much you've shared (regardless of what the client tells you locally). But I may be wrong, in which case DWKnight or someone else will correct me. ;)

You're right. :)

'Losing upload' is probably a result of the site being slow to update. Is the site you are torrenting on very big? Forcing a rescrape (right-click torrent -> Update Tracker) is recommended before you stop seeding a torrent to ensure that all the upload stats are counted.

If this doesn't work, I suspect it's a problem on the site's side. Hey, look on the bright side - your downloads aren't being counted either. :)

This problem is persisting. It reset some of my previous seed ratios with the trackers after I upgraded. This doesn't make me happy, I had a good ratio going on one of the sites and it dropped me over 7gb in 24 hrs. It did something with the tracker, as mentioned earlier, the sites do their own reporting...so don't know what gives there.

This is a problem for me, as I'm not a total Leech...I always seed back and want my ratios shown. I hate to drop the client because I really like it, but I for one want proper reporting done with the trackers.

FYI. Doing an "Update Tracker" isn't working. My uTorrent stats on one torrent is showing DOWN 3.42GB and UP 3.44GB. When I connect to their site I do not see this in my profile as being properly credited it's only showing DOWN 1.2GB and UP 1.29GB. Same is happening on different site, so it's not them.

I have DHT disabled, so I'm only feeding to/from their tracker.

cujo: If you were to remove the resume.dat file and restart the torrent, I think you will get proper ratios. Since the ratio shown on the torrentsite is reset everytime you stop your running torrent and µTorrent is not, they will differ.

I'm seeding a torrent that shows 140 GB Uploaded and 2.95 GB downloaded, but on the torrentsite, it shows 5.10 GB Uploaded and 0 byte downloaded.

I thought I had a similar problem with my ratio stats not being correctly passed onto the tracker. It appears that utorrent just keeps adding the bytes to the overall amount whereas your site (perhaps) resets its stats when a torrent is stopped (such as queued seeding or actually stopped). This was the case for me, perhaps it is also the same for you?

• 1 month later...

I have downloaded a large amount of files obtained from "Demonoid.com" and

uploaded at the same time,enough for my ratio to be at least 3. But nothing is reported to them, and my ratio is not altered. On the Demonoid forum the reason given is that UTorrent is not an "approved client" and doesn't give a"torrent stopping "message back to the server. There is a complicated proccess that sometimes works, but I don't feel like messing around. All the reports that I read on UTorrent are very favourable, so what is stopping it being an 'approved client"

"µTorrent DOES send a stop message, but the Demonoid tracker is so damn slow that it often times out and never gets there. Demonoid's ratio tracking is horrible."

Agreed. And Demonoid is about the only tracker I use. They will even tell you themselves that the ratio might not be updated for 24 hours. Not only that, they admit that it might not update at all sometimes. It's somewhere in the FAQ or the forums.

Ever notice how in the middle of a download, the Demonoid tracker may go unavaible? Well, it can do that in the middle of a "stop message" as well, hence why your ratio isn't updated. If you close out µTorrent and Demonoid is unreachable, your ratio will not be updated.

EDIT: Usually right-clicking a torrent and selecing "Update Tracker" will report my ratio correctly. But it may take a few minutes. Or hour. Or 24 hours. They claim this on their site even.

-Ares

Archived