Auto Split large downloading files

chao

The conversion process can be done in Win XP without erasing the data on the hard drive...however I think the drive cannot be more than maybe 80-90% full. And anytime you're constantly accessing your disk, if the computer crashes right then or power goes out you may risk losing data. I *THINK* it has some fallback method to pick up where it left off...you may want to check that before trying.

Otherwise, give up downloading the 7 GB torrent if the torrent has 1 file larger than 4 GB. FAT32 simply can't.

Use a partition manager to dynamically resize your FAT32 partition to make it 8GB smaller. Now that you have 8GB free, create a new NTFS partition and format that new partition. A software like Partition Magic can do this.

Or you can tell the seeder to re-seed with files chopped into smaller file sizes. Seriously, I've never heard of anyone seeding one big file that is 7GB. Even DVD-DL have multiple VOB files that are 1GB each.

I would not, at all, recommend partitioning a Windows drive with a FAT32 primary and NTFS secondaries -- you're just begging for irrecoverable data-loss at some bad luck date in the future.

Seriously, I've never heard of anyone seeding one big file that is 7GB.

Why, shee-oot; them thar 24gb HD files will swallow up a puny l'il 7gb without even having to chew.

Archived