How can I remove the extension !ut

stewie23

Sorry I just found out, the one who originally seeding, some of his files are !ut extension. The force recheck did not work since the error is not on my part. But the things is, since !ut are incomplete utorrent files even though the files shows 100% complete, is there a way to change this?

Since you have downloaded them anyway, I say you should rename them and test them instead of chucking them all out blindly. Some of them at least may work.

Also, why would someone create a torrent with files he himself hasn't finished downloading? Noob, I guess? :rolleyes:

Whether it was purposeful or incidental :/ You should find a way to tell the seeder to be more careful of what torrents are created from, and to post any abnormalities in the submission text or comment for the torrent, i.e. "I tested these files myself, but for some reason the file extension still shows as !ut so please just remove the last extension, the previous extension of wma is correct and the files work correctly in my media player VLC".

Archived