relocate files !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cckeys

Thanx mate, your method works with downloading files but not with completed ones. i'm able to "set download location" but then the program still looks for the .torrent files in the old location "finished jobs". so i'm getting "Error Can't open .torrent file: .....". this must be hard coded in the resume.dat...

... Also note that the Bencoded Files Editor comes with limited support. If you can't figure out how to make it work, you need to rely on your backups (you did make backups of all files before you started mucking with them).

What version are you using? The current stable only has TWO places where it would store your files (or a third if you set it manually)... the %APPDATA%\uTorrent and the current directory of the .EXE if you are running a stand-alone copy of uT.

Firon's point still stands... you are only (natively) telling uT to look for your torrents in one folder (which allows you to easily save your settings/torrents, and restore them if needed) which also has the sexy side-effect of allowing you to tell uT where to find said torrents with one Preferences option.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any hope that you could implement an automatic way to move files into another folder? Many times I would like to reorganize and re-reorganize what I download.

I recently ran out of space and I had to buy a new hard drive, of course I want to move all my downloaded files on my new hard drive, at the same time I want to keep seeding them, the problem is that I have 550 torrents to move, you can see why this is a real pain in the a**.

A right click on the torrent -> move to ... in the main window of the uTorrent is what I need.

Please consider my request, I believe I'm not the only one who would benefit from this.

Thank you.

Sorry for being ignorant (more of a noob), I'm not expecting you to explain me how to do it, but can you point me to a extended "Help" resource on how I should do this?

The only thing in the README file is a small introduction and version history. I don't even know what a BEncoded file is.

Best regards.

Did you read the BFE thread ? It includes, uhm.. all the relevant information :) If you have specific questions I will answer them but ... Ultima coded it to be really intuitive. I will tell you this Bencoding is what Bram decided to call the layout of bittorrent structure. Either he made it or he modeled it out of Python's ability for encoding disparate data in the same stream (strings + integers + binary data). What I'm essentially saying is that you can load torrents or other bencoded data (like uT .dat files) into the BFE and edit it.

Archived