cannot limit upload speed ???

jumbo5

hi,

i have u torrent 1.7.5

Usually i observe that the upload speed is much better than the download speed.

Can i limit the upload speed to 0 kb/s or max 1kb/s ?

I tried these options, but i couldnt c any change even after doin this -

1. right clicking the torrent and setting the uploading and downloading the limit. ( the max uload limit is 25kb/s and my max broadband speed is 21kb/s :huh: )

2. Options > preferences > queing = ratio is 0 & i ticked the option 'limit upload ratio = 0 kb/s'

Didnt c anything change even after doin this.

Please help.

You can set whatever limits you want on both a program or per-torrent level. Ctrl-P -> Queueing doesn't affect limits until AFTER the seeding goals have been met. Once a torrent becomes a seed it shows * in the # column UNTIL the goals are met. The right click menus are default and scale when you modify them. They work off the current limits. If you change them under UI preferences ONLY those numbers appear in the pop-up menu. In reality you should NOT set the upload to an arbitrary figure. Run a speed test and follow the Setup Guide (Guides page, link #3). FORCED limits are imposed for all upload limits set to "leecher" limits. This allows users with legitimate need to download at a nice clip but DISCOURAGES general usage of said limits due to the undesirable low downloading limits.

Also, you really should upgrade to 1.7.7.

thanx DreadWingKnight & jewelisheaven .

@ DreadWingKnight could u elaborate on "Limit local peer bandwidth"...should i just tick the option ?..wat happens when i do that?

Should i untick the 'use additional uload slots' and add 0 to 'number of upload slots per torrent' ?

as of now i have done this -

1. right clicking the torrent and setting the uploading and downloading the limit.

2. Options > preferences > queing = ratio is 0 & i ticked the option 'limit upload ratio = 0 kb/s'

3. Options - preferences - connection - global bandwidth limit - i have set it to 1kb/s

I'd recommend 5-10 KiBps / slot / peer (30 KiBps means 6 slots at MOST split among active torrents)... Many people choose to run alot of torrents simultaneously, but it is more advantageous to have a representatively larger % of concurrently onnected pers be uploaded to... So if you have 5 slots having 25 peers per torrent is a good number.

Archived