share settings

pzico

Hey!

I share and download lot of open source stuff. However, I'd like to download some music also. In my country it's allowed to download but forbidden to share/upload copyright material. How can I set up utorrent so that it doesn't share automatically what I download?

-pzico

In BT, the purpose is to share with people, therefore most often your

upload speed is faster then your download speed.

if your share ratio is 6.5, that means that 6.5 x full torrent has been shared,

which means the purpose of you not wanting to upload.

pzico: the peers in the swarm do not know what your ratio is, or care, all that matters is how much upload bandwidth you're getting them, which determines how much bandwidth they will give YOU.

I can only share max of 384k. But I can download sometimes 80-180 (usually 80-100) depending on torrent. would they normally limit my download speed to the same as my upload speed? Or do most torrent places not do that?

Thanks.

Okay basically seeds give you x amount of download speed pretty much regardless of what your uploading

but other people leaching the file tend to send data to people and see who reciprocates back data, as they find people who send them they send those people more and stop sending data to people who arn't shareing back.

If you find a torrent with say 2 seeds for every leach you might get a decent download without any upload, but if there is only a few seeds to lots of leaches it will go super slow

any privet tracker will disable and/or ban you if your share ratio is under .4 generally

public trackers might eventually kick you off but alot less likely, not too sure about them.

there are a few trackers out there that are privet and will let your leach and not limit your time to wait (a penalty for low ratio) to download files or delete you, but it takes a donation

basically if your just going to take and take and give nothing back (file or money(server) support) why would they want you around?

basically if your just going to take and take and give nothing back (file or money(server) support) why would they want you around?

Don't be so hard on the guy. He's already said he has a ratio of 6.5:1 on non-music files. That sounds like giving back to me.

Archived