RSS: Tag torrent as do not download

GTHK

I'll be brief, as it stands my log is full of "Unable to load" messages from invalid torrents, and since some of the feeds don't have parsable episode numbers (dated) I can't work around it, so being able to right click on an existing torrent and tagging it as do not download so it doesn't keep trying would be better then having over 200 entries referring to the same two torrents.

If the problem is with the feed not returning a valid stream to torrent files, you have to change the feed. I don't think the devs intend uT to be an rss reader. To see RSS error messages you need to enable misc error logging... I don't see how it would log the entries continually, especially without anything else inbetween them. The fastest you'd see it is every update interval, which by default is 15 minutes, so that would mean for the last 50 hours your two feeds/entries have yet to successfully download without any other errors :/

Edit: I couldn't find the entry I was looking for but Yes I did, updated below

--- 2007-04-28: Version 1.7 (build 1509)

- Change: RSS item will only be added to history once

--- 2007-04-17: Version 1.7 (build 1355)

- Fix: Do not add RSS item to history or update smart episode filter if .torrent download fails

The problem is with dead torrent links, the rest of the feed is fine. There is an entry for each torrent every 15 minutes, over 200 entries for the same two torrents, no extra logging enabled. Some people do run their computer for a couple days at a time :D.

That would help, but eventually new links would just die since mininova does the .torrent hosting and prunes :/. And nice last launch date, I always play around with some software or something and so never get uptime that long :).

Yup was elated once I saw that they added process launch time to the Alt-H-S stats of 1.8 :D It made gaugeing of certain things... i.e. dht / bandwidth much easier.

Now that I can get behind idea... one problem though:don't you think that would require cacheing of the rss feeds themselves? If that's the case what's the use. I say always be hopeful. There were murmurs of logger tab context menu reorganization for 1.9, and lo-and-behold it was in 1.8 :D

• 1 month later...

the devs might try to add to the history list a status & counter indicators. An option can be added if to retry or skip entries with bad-status. When its a bad status - the logging will be done only once (when the counter is 1 and you optioned not to retry) or many times if you chose to retry.

Archived